Configure a Cluster of Chat Servers
Genesys Co-browse no longer requires Chat Server.
This functionality is now available through a single set of consumer-facing digital channel APIs that are part of Genesys Mobile Services (GMS), and through Genesys Widgets, a set of productized widgets that are optimized for use with desktop and mobile web clients, and which are based on the GMS APIs.
Genesys Widgets provide for an easy integration with Co-browse, allowing you to proactively serve these widgets to your web-based customers.
Genesys Co-browse 8.5 can support either a standalone Chat Server or a cluster of Chat servers.
This chapter describes how to configure the necessary Genesys components to allow Co-browse Server to work with a cluster of Chat Server application objects.
Chat Server Applications
You must have two or more configured Chat servers in order to organize them in a cluster. Each Chat Server must:
- Work in the same tenant.
- Have the same Interaction Server and Universal Contact Server in the Connections list.
- Have the same Chat inbound queue configured in its endpoints:<tenant_id> section.
- Have a webapi port. This port must be configured in the Listening Ports section.
Configure the Chat Server Cluster
To organize the Chat Server applications in a cluster, do one of the following:
- Add all of your Chat servers in the Connections list for the Co-browse Cluster application.
- Add your Chat servers to an Application Cluster application object and then add this application object in the Connections list for Co-browse Cluster.
Application Cluster Object
An Application Cluster is a set of application objects united in a cluster (such as Chat servers, Email servers, and so on). This configuration object has a template of type "Application Cluster", and you can find it in the Templates directory for any Web API Server version.
Configure Co-browse Server to work with the Chat Server Cluster
Start of procedure
- Open Genesys Administrator and navigate to PROVISIONING > Environment > Applications. Select the application defined for the Genesys Co-browse Cluster and click Edit....
- In the Connections section of the Configuration tab, click the Add button. The Browse for applications panel opens.
- Select the Genesys application defined for the Solution Control Server, then click OK. Solution Control Server is added to the Connections list.
- Select the Genesys application defined for the Chat Server, then click OK. Chat Server is added to the Connections list.
- Note: Add all Chat Server applications in the same way.
- In the Options tab, locate the chat section and update the following options:
- Click Save & Close.
- Open Genesys Administrator and navigate to PROVISIONING > Environment > Applications. Select the application defined for the Genesys Co-browse Node and click Edit....
- In the Tenants section, click the Add button. The Tenants pane opens.
- Select the same Tenant object you used for your Chat servers.
- Click Save & Close.
- Continue adding the Tenant to all Co-browse Node applications in the same way.
End of procedure