Complete the procedures below to configure and run the GWM Proxy.
Configure GWM Proxy Host and Port
- Navigate to C:\Users\<current user>\GWMProxy. If this folder does not exist, this means that the proxy server has never been started. Navigate to <Co-browse_installation>\tools\proxy and start the server with startserver.bat. This will automatically create the GWMProxy folder.
- In the GWMProxy folder, open the config.xml file for editing.
- Find the <proxy> tag and make sure the value of its child <ip> tag is set to your host IP address.
ImportantThis value must not be 127.0.0.1 or localhost.
- Note the value of the <port> tag (usually 15001) — you will use this to Set up your Web Browser.
<proxy> <ip>192.168.44.83</ip> <port>15001</port> <reverseProxy> ... </proxy>
Instrument the Site Through the Proxy
Set the Domain Names
- Navigate to <co-browse installation>\tools\proxy\ and open the map.xml file for editing.
- In the <map> tag, set the value of the domains attribute to the domains of the site you would like to use the proxy. Separate each value in this list with a semi-colon.
<?xml version="1.0"?> <mapping> <map replace="..." domains="www.genesys.com;genesys.com;programs.genesys.com;content.genesys.com">
Adjust the Instrumentation Script
You can modify the default script included in the map.xml file according to your needs:
- update the host and port for Co-browse Server
- add JS Configuration API objects
Start the Proxy
Navigate to your Co-browse installation directory and then launch tools\proxy\startserver.bat. The GWM Proxy starts.
Set up your Web Browser
- Start your web browser.
- Open your Internet settings. For instance, in Firefox, select Tools > Options. The Options dialog window appears.
- Select Advanced and in the Network tab, click Settings.... The Connection Settings dialog window opens.
- Select the Manual proxy configuration option and do the following:
- Enter your host IP address in the HTTP Proxy text box.
- Enter the port used by the GWM Proxy in the Port text box. This is the port you made note of in Configure GWM Proxy Host and Port.
- Select the Use this proxy server for all protocols option.