Configure a Cluster of Chat Servers
Genesys Co-browse Server can support either a standalone Chat Server or a cluster of Chat servers.
This chapter describes how to configure the necessary Genesys components to allow Co-browse Server to work with a cluster of Chat Server application objects.
Chat Server Applications
You must have two or more configured Chat servers in order to organize them in a cluster. Each Chat Server must:
- Work in the same tenant.
- Have the same Interaction Server and Universal Contact Server in the Connections list.
- Have the same Chat inbound queue configured in its endpoints:<tenant_id> section.
- Have a webapi port. This port must be configured in the Listening Ports section.
Configure the Chat Server Cluster
To organize the Chat Server applications in a cluster, do one of the following:
- Add all of your Chat servers in the Connections list for the Co-browse Server application.
- Add your Chat servers to an Application Cluster application object and then add this application object in the Connections list for Co-browse Server.
Application Cluster Object
An Application Cluster is a set of application objects united in a cluster (such as Chat servers, Email servers,, and so on). This configuration object has a template of type "Application Cluster", and you can find it in the Templates directory for any Web API Server version.
Configure Co-browse Server to work with the Chat Server Cluster
Start of procedure
- Open Genesys Administrator and navigate to PROVISIONING > Environment > Applications. Select the application defined for the Genesys Co-browse Server and click Edit....
- In the Connections section of the Configuration tab, click the Add button. The Browse for applications panel opens.
- Select the Genesys application defined for the Solution Control Server, then click OK. Solution Control Server is added to the Connections list.
- Select the Genesys application defined for the Chat Server, then click OK. Chat Server is added to the Connections list.
- Note: Add all Chat Server applications in the same way.
- In the Tenants section, click the Add button. The Tenants panel opens.
- Select the same tenant object you used for your Chat servers.
- In the Options tab, locate the chat section and update the following options:
- Click Save & Close
End of procedure