When an inbound call is presented to an agent, a screen pop is displayed containing information based on selected variables. These variables can be information collected from callers, information pulled from the call web services of other systems. Once the information is available in the form of variables, it can be passed to systems agents by the screen pop.
Toast and Case Data
Toast data is the data that is delivered to the CTI Adapter when a call is ringing. This data is collected within the IVR or from a back-end database lookup via the IVR. This data is used by the agent to prepare for the call prior to answering said call.
- The IVR variable that is used to pass the toast data value is entered in the Queue Variables field (for example, CustomerVar2).
- The display name that is to appear in CTI Adapter is entered in the Desktop Text field (for example, Customer).
Case data is the data that is delivered to the CTI Adapter when a call is answered. This data is collected within the IVR or from a back-end database lookup via the IVR. The agent uses this data to identify the caller and the call purpose.
- The IVR variable that is used to pass the case data value is entered in the Queue Variables field (for example, CustomerVariable1).
- The display name that is to appear in CTI Adapter is entered in the Desktop Text field (for example, Skill).
The screen pop is based on the display text of the Case Data variable in the ACD Page in CX Builder. The variables prefixed with cti_ are considered a string based search. the variables prefixed with id_ are considered a database ID based search.
If more than one variable is displayed with the cti_ prefix, all variables with the cti_ prefix are considered for the string-based search, or for the operation between the variables. If a variable has a null value, it is not taken into account and is not displayed in the screen pop.
Configuring Toast and Case Data
To configure Toast and Case data:
- On the Advanced Options tab of the ACD Page in CX Builder, select the appropriate variable.
- Assign the name to be displayed in the CTI Adapter.
- Assign the data as Toast, Case, or Both (Toast and Case data).
Disposition and Not Ready Codes
Not Ready reason codes, Disposition codes, After Call Work (ACW) codes, and the Address Book are provisioned using the VCC Dashboard.
For more information about configuring these codes, see the VCC Solution Guide and the VCC Dashboard Help.