Using the CTI Application
CTI Application (Dialpad) Overview
From the Dialpad, users change their phone number, make calls, change their online status, and sign out.
- Logging in.
- Changing your phone number.
- Changing your status.
- Collapsing or expanding your dialpad.
- Receiving calls.
- Managing active calls.
- Managing transferred calls.
- Searching results.
- Managing wrapup calls.
- Managing ClickToDial.
- Monitoring agents.
- Signing out.
- Enter your username (email address) and password and click Log In.
- The dialpad is displayed and you can make an outbound call, change your online status, or log out.
Changing Your Phone Number
To change your phone number, click on the top left icon beside the online status bar.|-|
Changing Your Status
To change your online status, click on the top online status bar to select an available status.
Collapsing or Expanding Your Dialpad
To collapse or expand the dialpad, press ctrl+shift+/ or double-click the side border of the dialpad.|-|
For inbound calls, the panel displays call details and an Incoming Call dialog box. Accept or reject the call from your phone.
Managing Active Calls
For active inbound calls, the following options are displayed near the top of the dialpad.
- Go to Call Transfer
- Mute or unmute the call
- Disconnect the call
- Use the ACD page in CX Builder to customize which case data to display.
- Agents can edit the Subject and add notes.
Managing Transferred Calls
To consult, conference, or blind transfer active calls, click on the name of another agent in the Ready state, and a dialog box appears with the following options:
- Blind transfer the call to the other agent and disconnect.
- Consult with the other agent, put the customer on hold, and enable the remaining three options.
- Adds the customer to the conference along with the other agent.
- Transfer the call to the other agent.
- Disconnect the other agent and add the customer back to the call.
Click a link to load the record in the main Zendesk window. Hide the panel by clicking the up arrow.
Managing Wrapup Calls
When the call finishes, the wrap-up screen appears.
- Click Add More Time to extend your wrap-up time.
- Select from the list of After Call Work (ACW) reason codes (configured in VCC Dashboard). You stay in the ACW state until you change your status to Ready.
- Enable Mark Me Away After Call, so you will not receive another call.
- Click Done when finished with the call. If the dial pad is viewed from the customer or transaction record, then a phone call with the wrap up information is created for customer or transaction's entity record (discussed in Phone Logs section).
For any ticket or customer record, the CTI Adapter displays the ClickToDial panel, which provides all available phone numbers associated with the ticket or customer record. Click the [Dial] button to expand the dialpad and make the outbound call.
The following are the ticket and customer records:
Access the VCC Dashboard and VCC Agent Desktop applications from the left-side navigation bar.
To sign out, click the top-left corner and select Sign Out.