Installing and Configuring
Use this overview to serve as a quick reference to install or modify the CTI Adapter for NetSuite. Select a link for more information or click Next Step > to view details of each step. The browser back button is not supported on this page.
- Installing Genesys Cloud CTI.
- Configuring the CTI Adapter URL.
- Displaying CTI panel settings.
- Adding a New Call Center.
- Adding a New Record Type.
- Editing Call Center Permission Details.
- Editing Call Center User Permission Details.
- Configuring Screen Popups.
Installing Genesys Cloud CTI
- Click Setup Menu and open the Setup Manager User Interface view.
- Navigate to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles to open the SuiteBundler view.
- Click List, as shown below, to open the Installed Bundles view.
- Click New in the Installed Bundles view to open the Search & Install Bundles view.
- In the Search & Install Bundles view, enter Genesys Cloud CTI in the Keywords field and click Search.
- Click on Genesys Cloud CTI under the Name column to open the Bundle Details: General Cloud CTI view.
- Click Install.
Review the bundled components, then click Install Bundle to open the Installed Bundles View.
The following graphic displays a pending install status of the bundle.
- Click Refresh to see a confirmation status once the installation is complete.
Configuring the CTI Adapter URL
Set up a contact center and its associated permissions by accessing the CTI Panel on the dashboard.
To access the CTI Adapter URL, go to Setup > Company > General Preferences > Custom Preferences and click Genesys CTI Adapter URL to open the Genesys Cloud Overview view.
You can access the CTI panel on specific record type interfaces, if:
- you are assigned to a Call Center record and:
- the record type is defined as Genesys RecordType
- the record type has the Show Panel option enabled (checked)
- the call center has a specific record type permission
- the user has a specific record type permission
The following setup and permissions are required, in the given order, to access and use the CTI panel:
- Call Center
- RecordType Permission
- Call Center Permission
- User Permission
Displaying CTI Panel Settings
Select Genesys Cloud > Record Type > Bulk Permission Update to display the CTI panel settings.
The following CTI panel default settings are enabled for these record types:[+]Support Case |-|
Adding a New Call Center
To add a new call center:
- Navigate to Genesys Cloud > Call Center > New to open the New Genesys Call Center view.
- Enter the information into the Center Name and Server Address fields. You must assign a contact center name and an URL to these two fields.
- Select the Popup New Tab checkbox, if you want a Search page to open up in a new tab when there is an incoming call. Otherwise, the Search page opens up within the same tab. The popup search results are based on cti-criteria.
- Assign users to the call center by either clicking on the drop-down list or clicking Add in the Call Center Users section.
- You can only assign a NetSuite user to one call center at a time, otherwise a corresponding validation error is displayed.
- Click Save to record the changes. The default saved settings are as follows:
- the call center record type permission is Record Types – genesys-ug-02
- the user record type permission is Record Types – genesys-ug-02
Adding a New Record Type
Select Genesys Cloud > Record Type > New to add a new record type.
The default record type is: Record Types – genesys-ug-02, but you can add or remove new types by using the New Genesys Record Type view. Administrators define what Netsuite RecordType is displayed in the CTI panel.
Select an existing record type, by either:
Enabling the From List checkbox, as shown in the graphic below, and selecting a Record Type from the drop-down list:
Enabling the Not in List checkbox, as shown in the graphic below, and enter the NetSuite Record Type based on the internalid of the record type:
- Enabling the From List checkbox, as shown in the graphic below, and selecting a Record Type from the drop-down list:
- Enter the information in the Name field that is used in the setup of all other user interfaces for the selected record type.
- Select Show Panel to display the CTI panel on the defined record type.
Editing Call Center Permission Details
To edit the CTI panel permissions of the existing Call Center records:
- Navigate to Genesys Cloud > Call Center Permission > List
- Select Show Panel to allow users to toggle the Show Panel for a specific record type at the tab level.
Editing Call Center User Permission Details
To edit the CTI panel permissions of a user of a call center on a record types (which are all specified):
- Navigate to Genesys Cloud > User Permission > List:
- If you are editing an existing user, the Call Center and User options are disabled; only the permissions can be changed.
- If you are creating a new user, first select the desired Call Center to automatically populate all users associated with the call center in the User list.
- After selecting the master Show Panel option for the selected user, the administrator can toggle the Show Panel option of the selected Genesys RecordType
Configuring Screen Popups
When an inbound call is presented to an agent, a screen pop is displayed containing information based on selected variables. These variables can be information collected from callers, information pulled from the call web services of other systems. Once the information is available in the form of variables, it can be passed to systems agents by the screen pop.
Toast and Case Data
When a call is ringing, an agent receives a notification on their desktop (a toast or screen pop) that contains data about the call. The notification is displayed in the bottom-right corner of the desktop. The notification contains data about the current call and caller. The data contained in the notification is configurable by an administrator by using CX Builder.
An agent handles calls for multiple companies or products. The toast data provides the agent with the company or product name to which the caller wants information. This toast data might also provide the caller's name, or what action within the IVR the caller performed.
When an agent answers or makes a call, the call controls display at the top of the main view, and the Case Information view is displayed below the call controls. the Case Information view contains Case data and provides whatever information the agent might need to handle the call. This information might include an account number that the caller entered, or any data a back-end database might contain regarding this contact. This data is meant to provide the agent with all of the information that they need to handle the call without asking the caller to repeat the information that the caller has already entered while navigating through the IVR.
Case data, like the data in the call notification, is configured by an administrator by using CX Builder.
After the call is answered, the agent can specify the call disposition by using pre-defined disposition codes. The administrator configures the system so that either disposition codes are mandatory for all agents, or that these codes are not mandatory. This configuration is done by using VCC Dashboard. Disposition codes can also be displayed as nested drop-down lists. This feature is configured by an administrator by using CX Builder.
When a call rings on the agent desktop, but the agent does not answer the call, this is considered a missed call. A missed call is reported in the historical reporting. Missed calls are returned to the routing engine and sent to the next available agent. The agent state can be set automatically to Not Ready or Logged Out upon a missed call. This feature is configured by an administrator using CX Builder.
Agents can also use the Reject button (if enabled for your contact center), to reject an incoming call and return it to the queue. This feature is configured by an administrator by using CX Builder.
Call Notes enable agents to enter information about the current call and store the notes as part of the case information in CX Analytics. To add a call note, click the Note tab in the call window.
Configuring Toast and Case Data
To configure Toast and Case data:
- On the Advanced Options tab of the ACD Page in CX Builder, select the appropriate variable.
- Assign the name to be displayed in the CTI Adapter.
- Assign the data as Toast, Case, or Both (Toast and Case data).
Disposition and Not Ready Codes
Not Ready reason codes, Disposition codes, After Call Work (ACW) codes, and the Address Book are provisioned using the VCC Dashboard.
For more information about configuring these codes, see the VCC Solution Guide and the VCC Dashboard Help.