Using the CTI Application
CTI Application (Dialpad) Overview
From the Dialpad, users change their phone number, make calls, change their online status, and sign out.
- Configuring Dialpad.
- Logging in.
- Changing your phone number.
- Changing your status.
- Collapsing or expanding your dialpad.
- Receiving calls.
- Managing active calls.
- Managing transferred calls.
- Managing active calls.
- Searching results.
- Managing wrapup calls.
- Managing Phone Logs.
- Managing ClickToDial Phone Fields.
- Monitoring agents.
- Signing out.
Configuring Your Dialpad
Use the Dashboard to set up the Dialpad.
- Navigate to Home > Dashboard.
- Click Personalize Dashboard on the top-right corner.
- Click on any available Custom Portlet option.
- Hover your cursor over the Custom Content and click Setup.
In the popup screen, select Genesys CTI Panel and then click Save.
The dashboard login panel opens.
- Enter your username (email address) and password and click Log In.
- The dialpad is displayed and you can make an outbound call, change your online status, or log out.
Changing Your Phone Number
To change your phone number, click on the top left icon beside the online status bar.
Changing Your Status
To change your online status, click on the top online status bar to select one of the following available statuses:
For inbound calls, the panel displays the call details and an Incoming Call dialog box. Accept or reject the call from your phone.
Managing Active Calls
For active inbound calls, the following options, as numbered below, are displayed near the top of the dialpad:
- Go to Call Transfer
- Mute or unmute the call
- Disconnect the call
- Use the ACD Page in CX Builder to customize which case data to display.
- Agents can edit the subject and add notes.
Upon receiving a call, the cti variable parameter is passed to NetSuite and appears in the Search Results page. See the Searching Parameters topic.|-|
Managing Transferred Calls
To consult, conference, or blind transfer active calls, click on the name of another agent in Ready state and a dialog box appears with the following options:
- Blind transfer the call to the other agent and disconnect.
- Consult with the other agent, put the customer on hold, and enable the remaining three options.
- Add the customer to the conference along with the other agent.
- Transfer the call to the other agent.
- Disconnect the other agent and add the customer back to the call.
Managing Wrapup Calls
When the call finishes, the following wrap-up screen appears.
- Click Add More Time to extend your wrap-up time.
- Select from the list of after-call work reason codes (configured in VCC Dashboard). You stay in the ACW state until you change your status to Ready.
- Enable Mark Me Away After Call, so you do not receive another call.
- Click Done when finished with the call. If the dial pad is viewed from the customer or transaction record, then a phone call with the wrap-up information is created for the customer or the transaction's entity record. For more information, see Managing Phone Logs
Managing Phone Logs
For any inbound or outbound calls, the added wrap-up comments are stored in their respective entity activities as phone call records:
- Select the Message tab to display the comment.
- Select the Genesys Call tab to display call details.
Managing ClickToDial Phone Fields
Click the number to initiate an outbound call. You can click-to-dial the phone fields in the Entity, Transaction, and Activity type records in View mode.
To sign out, click the top-left corner and select Sign Out.