DNs are communication devices, uniquely identified by their directory numbers (DNs), where customer voice interactions reside and are handled.
Because most types of DNs represent the actual devices of the telephone system, their specification in the Configuration Database must always correspond to their Switch settings. Remember that Platform Administration has no way of verifying this correspondence.
As a general rule, changes made to DN configurations in the Configuration Database must always follow the changes made to DNs within the telephone system, and never the other way around.
The DNs list shows the DNs that are in your environment.
- The Switches list displays when you select DNs in Configuration Manager. To access the DNs list, you must first select a Switch object and then a DN folder.
- DNs that are disabled appear grayed out in the list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order. You can add or remove columns by clicking Select Columns.
Click Group By to group objects by various criteria.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new DN object, click New. To view or edit details of an existing object, click the name of the object, or click the check box beside an object and click Edit.
To delete one or more objects, click the check box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete.
Otherwise, click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a DN.
- Move To—Move a DN to another folder.
- Enable or disable DNs.
- Create a folder.
Click the name of a DN to view additional information about the object.
Creating DN Objects
To create a DN object, perform the following actions:
- In the header, click Configuration.
- Under the Switching heading, click DNs. The Switches list displays.
- Click the Switch object in which you wish to create a DN.
- Click the DN folder in which you wish to create a DN.
- Click New.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click Browse to select a value from a list:
- Number—A directory number assigned to this DN within the Switch. You must specify a value for this property, and that value must be unique within the Switch for all DN types. Once you set the value, you cannot change it.
- Type—The type of the DN. This value must be set to Extension.
- Switch—The Switch to which this DN belongs. This value is automatically set, based on the Switch being viewed in the DNs list.
- Route Type—N/A
- DN Group—The DN Group to which this DN belongs.
- Login ID—N/A
- Switch-specific Type—N/A
- Number of Trunks—N/A
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- Click Save.