Agent Desktop (v9)
Agent Desktop lets contact center agents communicate with customers and team members through phone calls and Genesys Digital channels.
- respond to or contact customers through the voice and Genesys Digital channels
- get help from team members
- make sure that you are meeting your center's expectations (Statistics and KPIs)
Ready? Watch the video for a quick tour of Agent Desktop, and then get started.
Lost? See Navigating Agent Desktop.
About This Help
The following topics explain some of the main features of Agent Desktop:
About Agent Desktop
Voice and Digital Interactions
Managing Your Status and Communications
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I change password?
- If this is your first time logging on, you might have to change your password. This happens automatically. A message box is displayed that walks you through the steps. If you are not sure about any of the prompts, your administrator or supervisor can provide you with the details.
- If you need to change your password, send a request to your supervisor requesting a change password email. You supervisor will reset your password, and you will receive a confirmation email. Follow the instructions in the email to change your password.
What happens when I lose connection?
Sometimes network issues can cause Agent Desktop to lose connection to the system. Don't worry, see the Handling a system disconnection article to find out what to do!
What are Skills?
- Skills are things that you are good at, like product specialization or a language that you speak.
- When your supervisor sets up your account, she or he assigns skills and skill levels based on what you can do.
- Skills are used to direct calls to you. If someone calls about a product that you are specialized on, the call will be directed to you and others with the same skill on that product.
How can I find my Call Stats?
- Use the Performance Tracker to see your call activity, worktime, and other reports.
- Use the Dashboard tab to see the list of statistics about the Routing Points, Queues, and other contact center objects.
How do I transfer, conference, or consult on my call?
Agent Desktop lets you start a conference call with someone in your company, transfer your call to another agent or your team lead, or start a consultation call with another member of your team. The call controls at the top of the voice call interaction toolbar open the Team Communicator, a universal lookup tool, that lets you search for and dial other team members. You can also use the Team Communicator to call someone inside your organization.
How do I call back a contact?
What kind of calls and interactions does Agent Desktop let me handle?
- Agent Desktop handles inbound voice calls,Outbound calling campaigns, and Digital Channels: chat, email, social media, and more.
I'm a Team Lead, what can I do with Agent Desktop?
- Agent Desktop has special features for those of you who are Team Leads and Supervisors. You can:
- Monitor calls and chat (silently listen in)
- Coach calls and chat (whisper coaching)
- Barge-in to calls and chat (joining the call)