A Place is a location that has one or more DNs operated by a single agent.
You configure Places and assign individual DNs to them in order to monitor performance and availability, and to provide this information to call-processing applications.
The Places list shows the Places that are in your environment.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new Place object, click New. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check-box beside an object and click Edit.
To delete one or more objects, click the check-box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete.
- You should only reconfigure a Place object when there are no Agents logged into the Place. Doing so can have an impact on both the status of the Place in Pulse reports and call routing to the associated Agents.
- When you delete a Place, it is removed from the Configuration Database and from any Place Group it belongs to. If you want to remove a Place, remove it from the Place Group. This keeps it in the Configuration Database and allows it to be added to another Place Group.
Otherwise, click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a Place.
- Move To—Move a Place to another folder.
- Enable or disable Places.
- Create a folder.
Click on the name of a Place to view additional information about the object.
Creating Place Objects
To create a Place object, perform the following actions:
- In the header, click Configuration.
- Under the Switching heading, click Places.
- In the Places window, click New.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click Browse to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of this Place. You must specify a unique value for this property.
- Capacity Rule—N/A
- Cost Contract—N/A
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- In the DNs tab, click Add to add a DN. In the pop-up window, you can create a new object by clicking New.
- Perform one of the following actions after you have added a DN to the Place:
- Click Save to accept the changes and return to the object list.
- Click Apply to accept the changes and remain in the tab.
- Click Cancel to discard the changes.
- Click Save.