Search, display, manage and update workitems
Search for workitems
- Search for a specific workitem by entering its ID in the Query field at the top of the Workitems tab and clicking return.
- Search for any list of workitems by entering a text string in the Query field and clicking return.
- Search using Elasticsearch query syntax described here (vendor document).
Filter by Category
Select a Category on the collapsible Categories tab to quickly filter by workitems that match the selected Category or sub-Category only.
Filter with predefined queries
Use a predefined query on the collapsible Queries tab to quickly filter by pre-defined specific lists of workitems. If you have a Category selected, only workitems in that Category are displayed.
Search by time interval
Use the time interval button (which shows the currently displayed time interval) to display either:
- Quick search using predefined time ranges
- Absolute date/time ranges for customized time intervals
You can change the From and To hour values in the absolute date/time range by clicking on the values to display a drag-and-drop selector. Drag the selector to select a new hour value, then, on the second selector displayed, a new minute value.
If you have a Category selected, only workitems in that Category are displayed.
Display and update workitem attributes
For individual workitems
Select a workitem and/or click one of its attributes to display all its attributes.
You can toggle the display of specific fields in the summary display by clicking the symbols indicated.
To update the attribute values of a workitem, click the value you want to change, add the new value, then click the Update button. System properties of the workitem are protected, so you can't update them.
You can add an attribute to the display by clicking Add attribute... at the bottom of the first panel of attributes.
You can also search for other workitems corresponding to a specific attribute value by clicking on the search symbol next to the attribute.
For multiple workitems
To make an identical value change to one or more attributes of multiple workitems, select the workitems by checking their checkboxes or by filtering workitems using a search query, click the value you want to change, add the new value(s), then click the Bulk Update button.
System properties of the workitem are protected, so you can't update them.
Use the control buttons at the top of the Workitems window to do the following to either individual or multiple workitems:
- Activate workitem(s)—Select a workitem(s) that has been assigned an activation date in the future, and click Activate to activate it immediately.
- Hold workitem(s)—Select a workitem(s) and click Hold. Held workitems can't be reprioritized or distributed, but you can cancel, restart or resume them.
- Resume workitem(s)—Select a held workitem(s) and click Resume to resume processing. You can only resume held workitems.
- Cancel workitem(s)—Select a workitem(s) and click Cancel to permanently cancel it. You can't cancel a workitem if it's been completed, canceled, or rejected. But you can cancel a workitem that has already been assigned to an agent. Canceled workitems remain in iWD for an amount of time that's configured in the Keep completed workitems for field before being deleted. Workitems can only be completed through the source system or the API, so Genesys recommends canceling any the workitems that you no longer want matched with an employee.
- Restart workitem(s)—Select a workitem(s) to send it back to the beginning of the process, where it will be treated as if it was new.
Any action can be applied to one or many individually selected items (checked in the table) or to all the items that satisfy the current query, including time frame and any applied Category filter.
Use the Rows per page counter at the bottom left to choose to display either 30, 50, 80 or 100 items per page.
Workitems that are in the Default category have not been segmented by any of the existing Categories. Genesys recommend that administrators monitor these workitems to decide whether a category should be established to segment them.