Cloud intelligent Workload Distribution
Cloud intelligent Workload Distribution (iWD) allows you to dynamically prioritize the distribution of workitems from external source systems to the employee best suited to handle them.
What does Cloud iWD do?
iWD takes workitems from existing enterprise software applications (such as ERP, BPM, DCM, Salesforce) as well as homegrown legacy systems, analyzes the business context of the workitem—for example, the associated business process, product requested, or value of the customer making the request—and creates a single global task list, sorted on business value, that ensures that the most critical or highest-value workitem are distribued to the right resource at the right time, regardless of media type, system or location.
You'll use the Cloud iWD API to create, update or delete work items which are then categorized, prioritized and routed to employees according to configured rules and assigned routing application logic. A Genesys Designer application handles handles routing/distribution of the workitems, which are then handled by employees using Agent Desktop.
With iWD, enterprises can effectively manage all customer service resources and business processes across the enterprise, going beyond the walls of the formal contact center and into other areas of the business like branch offices and experts in the back office.
Cloud iWD features and functions
- Business Context Configuration—Cloud iWD allows the source system to either:
- Pre-classify workitems down to the Department and Process level and pass this information on to iWD to match with the appropriate Departments and business Processes in Genesys, against which tasks are then managed and reported on: or;
- Use Cloud IWD Rules to apply rules that classify the workitems down to the Department and Process level. When using iWD Rules, adding new departments or business processes is a simple matter of configuration by a business user.
- Service Level Agreement-based Prioritization Rules—The Cloud iWD service level rules ensure workitems are completed according to the service level agreements (SLA) defined by business users. SLA rules quickly order the workitems from most important to least important, based on business value. Because information related to a workitem can change, iWD automatically re-assesses workitems throughout their lifecycle, ensuring the most important are at the top of the global task list.
- Workitem Management—Operations Managers and Team Leads with appropriate security permissions can:
- View captured workitems
- Hold, resume, and cancel workitems
- Modify workitem attributes
- Manage prioritization schemas
- The same workitem management capabilities (except managing prioritization schemas) are also exposed to source systems via the iWD API.
- Business Insights—Cloud iWD offers a set of workitem-based statistics providing insight into business performance and comparisons against key performance indicators configured in iWD by business users. Business insights are available for the current day, and intraday historically.