Cloud intelligent Workload Distribution
Cloud intelligent Workload Distribution (iWD) allows you to dynamically prioritize the distribution of work tasks from external source systems to the employee best suited to handle them.
What does Genesys Cloud iWD do?
iWD takes work tasks from existing enterprise software applications (such as ERP, BPM, DCM, Salesforce) as well as homegrown legacy systems, analyzes the business context of the task—for example, the associated business process, product requested, or value of the customer making the request—and creates a single global task list, sorted on business value, that ensures that the most critical or highest-value tasks are distribued to the right resource at the right time, regardless of media type, system or location.
You'll use the Cloud iWD API create, update or delete work items which are then classified, prioritized and routed to agents according to configured rules and assigned routing application logic. A Genesys Designer application handles handles routing/distribution of the work tasks, which are then handled by agents using Agent Desktop.
Reporting is also available through Genesys CX Insights.
With iWD, enterprises can effectively manage all customer service resources and business processes across the enterprise, going beyond the walls of the formal contact center and into other areas of the business like branch offices and experts in the back office.
Genesys Cloud iWD features and functions
- Business Context Configuration—Cloud iWD requires the source system to classify the task and pass this information on to iWD to match with the appropriate departments and business processes, against which tasks are then managed and reported on. Adding new departments or business processes is a simple matter of configuration by a business user.
- Service Level Agreement-based Rules—The Cloud iWD service level rules ensure tasks are completed according to the service level agreements (SLA) defined by business users. SLA rules quickly order the tasks from most important to least important, based on business value. Because information related to a task can change, iWD automatically re-assesses tasks throughout their lifecycle, ensuring the most important are at the top of the global task list.
- Task Management—Operations Managers and Team Leads with appropriate security permissions can:
- View captured tasks
- Hold, resume, and cancel tasks
- Modify task attributes
- Manage prioritization schemes
- Business Insights—Cloud iWD offers a set of task-based statistics providing insight into business performance and comparisons against key performance indicators configured in iWD by business users. Business insights are available for the current day, and intraday historically.