Default Value: true
Valid Values: true, false
Changes Take Effect: When the session is started or restarted.
If the value of this option is true, changes to the case data after a voice interaction has been released are prevented. When some values are modified or added after the voice call is released, the update is pushed to back-end as a User Event when agent clicks Mark Done. This option can be overridden by a routing strategy as described in this Deployment Guide.
Screen pop displays a relevant record or a search results list from Salesforce for an agent to choose when they are performing an inbound, outbound, or open media interaction.
You can setup how you want Adapter to select the screen pop record from Salesforce for different type of interactions.
- Configuring screen pops in Salesforce and
- Configuring screen pops in Agent Setup
Configuring screen pops in Salesforce
To set up this functionality in Salesforce, login and go to Setup > Customize > Call Center > SoftPhone Layouts to create a SoftPhone Layout. Check out the Salesforce documentation for details about configuration.
When you set up a SoftPhone Layout for Adapter, the Gplus Adapter for Salesforce ignores the SoftPhone Layout settings that control call-related fields. Instead, Adapter gets this information from toast and case data you configure in the Genesys environment.
Configuring screen pops in Agent Setup
In Agent Setup, you can configure Adapter screen pop settings for calls, chats, emails, and open media interactions and how Adapter displays screen pop when a call or chat is transferred or merged in a conference.
How screen pop records are retrieved from Salesforce
Before you proceed with selecting the screen pop settings, get familiar with how screen pop records are selected and displayed to an agent. This section helps you understand how Adapter determines the matching screen pop record from Salesforce.
Here's the default way Adapter tells Salesforce to display in a screen pop:
- If the UserData for the call has key(s) with the prefix "id_" (such as "id_SalesforceCaseId"), then the first value Adapter finds is sent in the screen pop request to Salesforce.
- If the UserData does not include any "id_" keys, Adapter builds a search string using a combination of the ANI or the DNIS, if available, and any UserData values with keys that have the "cti_" prefix (such as "cti_FirstName" or "cti_PhoneNumber"). You can specify whether the search should include the ANI by selecting the Use ANI in Screen Pop Search setting or DNIS (the number dialed by the caller) by selecting the Use DNIS in Screen Pop Search setting. These are dependent on the Screen Pop Preprocessing Rule in Agent Setup.
- If there are no "id_" keys, no ANI, no DNIS, and no "cti_" keys, then Adapter doesn't send a screen pop request.
Alternatively, you can configure the expressions Adapter uses to match screen pop UserData keys for the ID and search fields by selecting the RegEx to Match UserData setting and specifying RegEx to Match UserData option. Note that these options only change the criteria by which keys are matched from UserData. The existing logic and order between ID-based screen pop and search are unchanged (see the bullet points above). If you use these regular expression options to match your own ID key, then you should also ensure you set the Object ID UserData Key to id_transfer_object so that screen pop works with in-focus page transfers.
When an agent receives an external call, Adapter initiates a screen pop that causes Salesforce to show an appropriate record for the caller. By default, Adapter initiates the screen pop when the call is established, but you can select the Screenpop On Ringing setting to initiate a screen pop when the call is ringing instead. Note that Adapter also initiates screen pop for calls established through Genesys Softphone in Connector mode.
For Outbound campaign calls, the screen pop appears immediately after the agent clicks Get Record when the notification is displayed. An agent can then choose to make or decline the Outbound campaign call. For Push Preview campaigns, the screen pop appears after the agent clicks Accept. For more information on setting up outbound campaigns, case and toast data, see Outbound campaigns in this Administrator Guide.
Integrating Genesys Universal Contact Server (UCS)
You can enable agents to use Team Communicator to call a contact that is stored in the Universal Contact Server (UCS). You can view the detailed contact information from the Contacts tab. For more information, see Global Login Options in the Agent Setup Guide.
When an agent receives a chat invite from a contact, Adapter initiates a screen pop based on whether the Screen Pop On Chat Invite setting is selected.
- When selected, Adapter displays the screen pop on chat invite.
- When not selected or if the option is not available, Adapter displays the screen pop only when the agent accepts the invitation for the chat interaction.
When an agent receives an email invite from a contact, Adapter initiates a screen pop based on whether the Screen Pop On Email Invite setting is selected.
- When selected, Adapter displays the screen pop on email invite.
- When not selected or if the option is not available, Adapter displays the screen pop only when the agent accepts the invitation for the email interaction.
Open Media items
When an agent receives an Open Media invite from a contact, Adapter initiates a screen pop based on whether the Screen Pop On Open Media Invite setting is selected.
- When selected, Adapter displays the screen pop on open media invite.
- When not selected or if the option is not available, Adapter displays the screen pop only when the agent accepts the invitation for an open media interaction.
Configuring screen pop by Salesforce object type
You can use the Screen Pop object type option in Agent Setup to specify what type of object you want Salesforce to screen-pop. SOBJECT is the default value, other available object types are:
- FLOW: Pops to the target flow. The flow is specified by the Screen Pop Flow section name option. Additional arguments can be passed to the flow, for example, the caller’s phone number or a list of matching records. Specify the flow name and "flowArgs", valid flow arguments in JSON format, or the $attach_data_flow_name$ and $attach_data_flowArgs_name$ parameters to take the flow name and arguments from the attached data.
- URL: Opens the URL in a new browser or tab. The URL is specified by the Screen Pop URL section name option. Specify the URL or use the $attach_data_key$ parameter to take the URL from the interaction attached data.
- OBJECTHOME: Pops to the home of an object or entity, such as a Case or an Account. The object home is specified by the Screen Pop Object Home section name option. Specify the object or the $attach_data_key$ parameter to take the object name from the interaction attached data.
- LIST: Pops to the specified list of Salesforce objects, such as Contacts or Accounts. The list is specified by the Screen Pop List section name option. Specify the user data keys or the $attach_data_list_id$ and $attach_data_list_scope$ parameters to take the List from the interaction attached data.
- SEARCH: Pops to the Top Results section of the search page. The search string is specified by the Screen Pop Search section name option. Specify the search string or the $attach_data_search$ parameter to take the string from the interaction attached data.
- NEW_RECORD_MODAL: Pops a modal form for creation of a new object, such as Account, Case, Contact, or Lead. The new record modal is specified by the Screen Pop New Record section name option. Specify the object name or the $attach_data_entityname$ parameter to take the new record type from the interaction attached data.
Configuring screen pops for conference or transfer interactions
When an agent performs a chat conference or transfer, Adapter can update the UserData with the ID of the object the agent is looking at in Salesforce. This ensures that the agent who receives the conference or transfer gets a screen pop for the most relevant object.
This can be helpful when:
- There are multiple matches for a screen pop search initially and the agent has to select between them.
- There are no matches for the initial screen pop search and the agent creates a new record.
You can enable this feature by selecting the Object ID UserData Key to id_transfer_object.
When Adapter updates the UserData, any existing UserData keys that begin with "id_" or "cti_" are removed and a new key, called "id_transfer_object", is added with the object ID of the focused page. If the focused page doesn't correspond to a Salesforce object, Adapter does not make an update and the existing UserData is sent with the conference or transfer request.
If you configured your environment to use a key other than "id_" or "cti_" (basically, if you need to set the screenpop.id-key-regex option as described in How screen pop records are retrieved from Salesforce, then you must also set the screenpop.transfer-object-key to your custom key for screen pop to work. Adapter adds the key you specify in this option instead of id_transfer_object.
You can configure Adapter to save the ID, name, and type of the focused Salesforce object to attached data when an agent clicks Mark Done. To do this, set Salesforce Object Key, Salesforce Object Name, and Salesforce Object Type to the keys you want Adapter to use when saving the ID, name, and type. Set these options to ensure the ID, name, or type is added to attached data when agents create a new object during a call. Also, ensure the Workspace Web Edition option interaction.case-data.is-read-only-on-idle is set to false. For more information about setting up Case Data, refer to this article.