Integrating Gplus Adapter
- Ensure that Agent Desktop release 9 has been enabled in your environment by confirming that the Agent Desktop 9 application icon is displayed in your Genesys Portal.
- In the Portal, click the Agent Desktop icon to launch Agent Desktop and then copy the domain name from the Agent Desktop URL to build Gplus Adapter URL. For example, copy gwa-<region>.genesyscloud.com from the Agent Desktop URL. The domain in the Agent Desktop URL should be used in Gplus Adapter URL.
- The Adapter URL will look like this:
Here’s a summary of the steps you need to take to setup and access Gplus Adapter in Salesforce.
- Enable Lightning in your Salesforce environment.
- Integrate Gplus Adapter in Salesforce Lightning.
- Add users to your Call Center.
- Configure the Utility bar for Gplus Adapter for the agents to easily access the application.
- Configure Gplus Adapter SSO.
Integrating Gplus Adapter in Salesforce Lightning
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner and then click Setup.
- Using the Quick Find field, search for and access the Call Centers setup page.
- Using the Import functionality, import the lightning-callcenter.xml file from your computer. If you have not already downloaded the file, download it from here.
- From the All Call Centers list, click the Call Center you just imported. For example, GPlus9Lightning.
- Take the Adapter URL that you built at the beginning of this article and enter it in the CTI Adapter URL field. The domain name can be in one of two formats. If you do not have a unique tenant, the domain name includes a region:
If you have a unique tenant, your URL will include your company name:
https://<your company name>.genesyscloud.com/ui/crm-workspace/index.html.
- Save the changes.
Adding users to Call Center
The next step after you setup your Adapter is to add users to your call center. You must add at least one user to your call center.
- In the Call Centers setup page, click Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Add More Users.
- Search the interface to find the users you want to add to Gplus Adapter.
- Select the users you want to add and click Add to Call Center.
Configuring the Utility bar
- In the setup page, using the Quick Find field, search for and access the App Manager settings page.
- Create a new application by clicking New Lightning App. Follow the steps in New Lightning App creation procedure in Salesforce documentation.
- When creating a new Lightning app, follow the additional steps below to configure the utility items for your Gplus Adapter.
- In the App Options step, ensure that you select Console Navigation. Gplus Adapter does not support Standard Navigation.
- In the Utility Items step, add Open CTI Softphone by clicking Add Utility Item.
- For the soft phone, you can modify the display properties such as Label, Panel Width and Panel Height.
- Specify Navigation Items and User Profiles for the new Lightning app by referring to Salesforce documentation.
- Save the application.
Accessing Gplus Adapter
You can access the Gplus Adapter application by following the procedure below.
- In the top-left corner, click the App Launcher icon .
- Select the app that you created when setting up the Gplus Adapter application.
- Click the phone icon from the bar at the bottom-left corner to open the Gplus Adapter application.
- Log in to the application to start using the Genesys contact center functionalities.