Sometimes your customers need help when they are browsing your website. Maybe they can’t tell exactly where to click—or perhaps they need help filling out a complex form. Genesys Co-browse lets your agents use Agent Desktop to do some of the driving for them, by showing them what the customer sees in their browser window (not the whole screen) and allowing the customer to give them control of the web page.
Here are some of the main features of Genesys Co-browse:
- Provides the ability for an agent and the customer to browse and navigate the same web page at the same time.
- Active participation—both the agent and the customer have the ability to take control.
- Browsing always happens on the customer side.
- Pointer Mode and Write Mode—Co-browse sessions begin in Pointer Mode where the agent cannot enter information or navigate for the customer. The agent may send the customer a request to enter Write Mode where the agent can enter information for the customer. The customer must agree to enter Write Mode.
- DOM restrictions—hide sensitive data from agents and restrict control of elements (buttons, check boxes, and so on) in a co-browse session.
You can find some more details about Co-browse sessions here.
There are a few steps to take in order to get up and running with Genesys Co-browse. Here are the details:
What Genesys does for you
We configure Co-browse for you, based on the following information that you provided to us:
- Allowed origins (your domains and sites from which Co-browse can start)
- Allowed external domains (your domains where static resources for the site are stored)
What you need to do
You must configure your DOM restrictions for your website. The Genesys Co-browse DOM Restrictions Editor streamlines this process for you.
You must install and configure Genesys Widgets on your website, in order for the end customer to start a co-browse session with an agent (associated with a chat or a voice session). Everything you need to know about Genesys Widgets is in the following pages:
Here are some examples of Genesys Co-browse enabled in different Genesys Widgets.
Using Co-browse without Genesys Widgets