Audio Resource Files
Audio Resource Files are contained in Audio Resources, and consist of an audio file and a unique Personality. You create and manage Audio Resource Files by using the <audio resource name> panel that is displayed to the right of the Audio Resources screen after you have selected an audio resource.
Audio Resource Files are created when an audio file—such as a WAV (.wav) file—and a Personality are combined and assigned to an Audio Resource. Therefore, all composite audio files, Personalities, and Audio Resources, must have been created before you can create the Audio Resource Files.
To view Audio Resource Files, complete the following steps:
- In the header, go to Operations > Audio Resources > Audio Resources.
- In the Audio Resource List screen, select an audio resource.
- Click the Files button or select Files from the Related menu. The Audio Resource Files List panel is displayed.
The Audio Resource Files List panel displays a list of Audio Resource Files that are already associated with the selected Audio Resource. For each Audio Resource File, the name of its underlying audio file, Personality, size, ID, and status are displayed.
To display the properties of the audio file, click an audio file in the list. The properties of the associated Audio Resource File is diplayed in the <audio file name> panel that will be displayed to the right of the Audio Resource Files List panel.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order.
Viewing the Properties of an Audio Resource File
|Name||No||The name of this Audio Resource File.|
|Language||No||The language that is attributed to this Audio Resource File by the Personality|
|Personality||Yes||The personality that is assigned to this Audio Resource File.|
|Size||No||The size of the Audio Resource File, in bytes. This field appears only after the Audio Resource File is created, and it cannot be changed.|
|Status||Yes||Information about the availability of the Audio Resource File.|