An Agent Group is a logical grouping of Agents. Agent Groups are typically set up to provide particular sets of contact-center services.
The Agent Groups list shows the Agent Groups that are in your environment.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new Agent Group object, click New. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check box beside an object and click Edit.
To delete one or more objects, click the check box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete.
Otherwise, select the check box beside one or more objects and click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy an Agent Group.
- Move To—Move an Agent Group to another folder.
- Enable or disable Agent Groups
- Create a folder.
Click on the name of an Agent Group to view additional information about the object.
Creating Agent Group Objects
To create an Agent Group object, perform the following actions:
- In the header, click Configuration.
- Under the Accounts heading, click Agent Groups.
- Click New.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click Browse to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of the Agent Group. You must specify a unique value for this property. You cannot change this value as long as this Agent Group contains at least one User.
- Capacity Table—N/A
- Quota Table—N/A
- Cost Contract—N/A
- Script—Enter a valid expression on the Script tab to define the group as a Virtual Agent Group. The expression must be in Virtual Group Script Language (VGSL) and must define at least one skill (with optionally, a skill level) in the following format:
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- In the Supervisors tab, click Add to add a User. In the pop-up window, you can create a new User by clicking New.
- In the Agents tab, click Add to add a User. In the pop-up window, you can create a new User by clicking New.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- Click Save to accept the changes and return to the object list.
- Click Apply to accept the changes and remain in the tab.
- Click Cancel to discard the changes.
Virtual Agent Groups
A Virtual Agent Group is similar to an Agent Group except that a Virtual Agent Group has no permanent members. Instead, an Agent becomes a member of a Virtual Agent Group if that Agent meets the criteria specified by the script. Agent membership in a Virtual Agent Group can change dynamically based on changes in the Virtual Agent Group criteria or changes in the object properties of the Agent.
When you click a Virtual Agent Group in Platform Administration, you see its current member Agents.