Callback Monitor is the minimum role required to access the Callback tab.
The Callback tab in the Callback application displays the list of callback records. Callbacks are displayed in pages of 250 items. On this tab, you can create, edit, or cancel callbacks if you have sufficient user privileges. After the Desired Callback Time, the Callback record will still appear on the Callback tab depending on your time filter selection.
Additional tabs and dialogs might display according to your Role permissions.
Callback records can have the following states:
- SCHEDULED—Callback Management is handling the request (there are no sessions started in the system). While in this state, the request is available in the Callback tab when the specified desired_time is upcoming.
- QUEUED—Callbacks actively waiting for an agent in ORS/URS; the agent is not assigned yet.
- ROUTING—Agent is reserved but the call is not yet routed to the agent.
- PROCESSING—Callback being handled by assigned agents. You cannot cancel a callback when it is in the PROCESSING state.
- COMPLETED—Callback was completed with a result; for example, timed-out, cancelled, and so on. See the Result tab of your Callback block in Designer. The completed reason appears beside COMPLETED in the state column of the table.
Callback Administration Overview
The following features are available:
- The drop-down at the top left gives you the option to display Callbacks using a pre-defined range for the past day or week; or for the next day or week.
- Refresh—You can force the interface to refresh the list of Callbacks.
- Search box—You can select a column field in the drop-down at the right of the Search box. The interface then filters the results dynamically as you type.
If you do not see your Callback after you successfully create it, make sure that your time filters are correct. For example, if you scheduled a Callback in two days, it does not show up if the Last 30 Days label is selected; switch to Next 7 Days for example.
On the Callback tab, you have access to diagnostic data or metrics for each callback record. Metrics information becomes available when a callback enters the QUEUED state (there are no metrics for a SCHEDULED callback).
To view the metrics for a callback, click the arrow beside the record. Callback provides some basic information below the callback record (Position in Queue and Estimated Wait Time).
To view all metrics for the callback, click the Advanced Callback Metrics toggle. For example, you might want to know who cancelled a particular callback. That information is available in the list of advanced metrics. In the figure, a person logged in as "admin" cancelled the callback.
Advanced Options—Opens a new window where you can customize how the Callback Management table displays:
- Configure Columns—Select display properties for columns.
- Show Time in 24 Hour—Show all times in 24-hour time rather than AM/PM format.
- Show Times in UTC—Show all times in the table in UTC time rather than local time.
- Configure Custom Date Range—Add a time range filter.
- Filter the display of callbacks by States and Services—To filter the list of callbacks that display on the Callback tab, you can select specific callback states and virtual queues (services). To view callbacks in any state, select ALL in the Visible Callback States list. Similarly, to view callbacks from every virtual queue, select ALL in the Visible Callback Services list.
Create or Schedule a Callback
You can submit or schedule a Callback request by clicking Create Callback. A new dialog opens. Select the Callback Type (Immediate or Scheduled), then a Service Type (the name of the Virtual Queue provided in Designer), and enter the number to call for Customer Number. For Scheduled callbacks, select a date and time for the call.
Edit a Callback
In the Callback table, for Callbacks that can be edited, a blue pencil displays in the last column. Clicking this pencil displays the edit options for that Callback.
- You can choose to reschedule the Callback (only for SCHEDULED Callbacks).
- You can choose to cancel the Callback.
Recreate a Callback
For completed callbacks which can be recreated, displays in the last column. Clicking this icon opens the Recreate Callback dialog for that Callback.
Name recordings will be preserved if a Callback is rescheduled within four days of the completion of the original Callback.
Bulk Cancel and Export of Callback Records
Make sure to select an appropriate Time Range to filter callbacks, then make a Callback selection to activate the Cancel Callbacks button. When you click this button, the Cancel Callbacks Confirmation dialog opens, displaying the selected Callback cancellations.
You can either:
- Continue with the selections you have made and click confirm to cancel them.
- Check Cancel All Callbacks In Current Time Range to override your previous Callback selections and delete all callbacks in the current time range. In that case, the list of displayed callbacks disappears from the dialog. Callbacks that are in the PROCESSING state cannot be cancelled. If there are any callbacks in this state within the selected time range, they are excluded in the Cancel Callbacks Confirmation dialog box and are not cancelled.
Confirm to cancel the records.
The resulting display shows all the callbacks that you have selected to cancel and that are now in COMPLETED (CANCELLED_BY_ADMIN) state.