Configuring the Cassandra Cluster for a Multiple-Data-Center Configuration
In the case of a Multiple-Data-Center Configuration you'll have two or more groups of UCS, Application Cluster, and Cassandra RAPs, one group for each Data-Center. UCS and corresponding Application Cluster will only connect to Cassandra RAPs in the same Data-Center. It's easier if each UCS, Application Cluster and Cassandra RAP have the Data-Center name in its application name.
- For each Cassandra node, ensure that you have completed the "Initializing a multiple node cluster (multiple data centers) procedure".
- For each UCS Cluster Application, use the Data Center names you configured for Cassandra nodes.
- For each Cassandra node Create a Resource Access Point (RAP) and configure it as follows:
- Set the host of the RAP to the hostname of the Cassandra node.
- Create a default port and set its value to that of the Cassandra Thrift port, usually 9160 (not used by UCS).
- Create a "native" port and set its value to that of the Cassandra CQL port, usually 9042.
- Connect the UCS_Cluster application to all the Cassandra Resource Access Points that belong to the corresponding Data Center.
- Connect each UCS node from each Data Center to the corresponding UCS_Cluster.
[cassandra-keyspace] name=<keyspacename> replication-strategy=NetworkTopologyStrategy replication-strategy-params='<DataCenter1>':<RF>,'<DataCenter2>':<RF>,'<DataCenterN>':<RF>