|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Cassandra and Elasticsearch Indexes
Tune Logging with Cassandra Running as a Windows Service
By default, the Cassandra Windows service sends stdout to a file, as you can see if you examine the StdOutput and StdError settings in the cassandra.bat and cassandra.ps1 files (since the auto setting indicates that the output should be sent to a file):
‐‐StdOutput auto ‐‐StdError auto
When you install Cassandra as a Windows service, these settings are loaded in the Windows registry under this key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\cassandra\parameters\Log]
To disable file-based logging, you can carry out either of the following procedures.
Modifying the Windows Service
- Uninstall the Cassandra Windows service.
- Specify empty values for the StdOutput and StdError parameters in the cassandra.bat or cassandra.ps1 file.
- Reinstall the Cassandra Windows service.
Editing the Registry
- Open the Windows Registry Editor
- Open the appropriate settings under the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\cassandra\parameters\Log] key.
- Specify empty values for the StdOutput and StdError parameters.