|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Functionality related to Genesys Knowledge Management is supported in release 9.1 by means of an architecture that includes a high-availability pair of UCSs at release 8.5.3. All UCS clients (except RMI clients) are connected to the UCS 9.1 node or cluster and UCS 9.1 maintains a connection to UCS 8.5, sending it appropriate requests (requests not related to contacts and interactions).
In a multi-Data-Center deployment, all UCS 9.1 nodes for all Data Centers will connect to the same pair of UCS 8.5s.
UCS 8.5 pair (primary/backup) still need a relational database and Lucene indexes. These only contain the data for the functionalities described below and no longer handle contacts and interactions. The expected load is much lower than an UCS 8.5 that would also handle contact and interactions. Data size for Knowledge Management is expected to be under 1 GB of data. The Lucene index should be less than 100MB.
This architecture enables support of following functionalities:
- Standard Responses
- Screening Rules
- Field Codes
- Training Models
- PII information
See Deploying and Configuring UCS 8.5.3 for installation details.
- All UCS clients (except RMI clients) are connected to the UCS 9.1 node/cluster.
- UCS 9.1 maintains the connection to UCS 8.5 and sends it the following requests:
- Standard Response Management
- Categories Management
- Categories Statistics Management
- Email Classification Result Management
- FAQ Object Management
- Global Statistics Management
- Model Management
- Testing Result Management
- Training Data Object Management
- Training Email Management
- Training Job Management
- Field Codes Management
- Screening Rules Management
- Documents (OMResponse) Management
- Relation Management
- Action Management
- Standard Response Favorites
- Resource Property