Migration Steps from LFMT 8.1.250.xx to 8.1.260.xx
The following five major components exist in the LFMT application system. The steps for migration for each component have been highlighted, as applicable.
- Stop Log Indexer and all Log Collector schedules through the GAX application.
- Stop the GAX application that hosts the LFMT plug-in.
- Navigate to the existing LFMT GAX plug-in location <GAX_HOME>/webapp/WEB-INF/lib
- Delete the .jar files associated with LFMT version 8.1.250.XX from the above location.
Install the LFMT Server version 8.1.260.xx following the steps of the installer (install.sh or setup.exe).
LFMT Log Index Database
LFMT version 8.1.260.XX requires the user to complete an upgrade of the log file index database. To complete this upgrade please execute the upgrade script for the matching DBMS against the current log file index database. Three upgrade scripts are provided in the LFMT Server utilities directory. These scripts are named as followed:
LFMT Application Configuration
Create and remove the following options in the LFMT configuration options
- absolute_cls_folder_path=<value of absolute_prod_folder_path>
- retention_period=<value of prod_retention_period>
(Optional) Cygwin deployments
LFMT verison 8.1.260.XX now provides users with the ability to upgrade existing Cygwin deployments on remote Windows hosts. This process is optional, but does provide updated Cygwin libraries. To complete these upgrades please complete the following procedure:
- Locate and extract the cygwin.zip file that is found in the <LFMT Server Install Directory>\utilities directory.
- Create a new network shared folder from the extracted cygwin.zip file.
- Locate or create the cygwin_conf.txt file described in the section Deploying Cygwin automatically to other Windows Hosts.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select “Run as administrator”.
- Navigate to the directory containing the deploy_cygwin.pl file.
- Enter perl deploy_cygwin.pl. When prompted to upgrade existing deployments, enter y.
- Continue following the prompts.