Log File Management Tool General Deployment
This chapter contains general information for the deployment, configuration, and installation of LFMT.
This section contains the following sections:
- LFMT Prerequisites.
- Deployment of LFMT Collector.
- Deployment of LFMT Indexer.
- Deployment of LFMT Client.
- Configuration of Central Log Storage.
- Configuration of the LFMT Database.
- Deployment and configuration of RSYNC and SSH.
The following software must be installed before deploying the Log File Management Tool:
- Genesys Administrator Extension 8.1.x (8.1.4 preferred) running on Java 7 or later, and all of its associated components.
- JDK 1.7 or later
- Perl 5.16 or later
LFMT requires the deployment of a log index database, and supports the following database management systems:
- PostgreSQL 9.1 or later
- Oracle DBMS 11 or later
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008
LFMT is compatible with Genesys 8.1.x software, and supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.6
- CentOS 5.6
The LFMT Client is web-based, and is compatible with the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 17.0.1 or later
- Google Chrome 24.0.1312.52 or later
System Security Requirements
- Review the Related Topics and Recommendations section.
- Open the following internal ports between the LFMT Server and the
Genesys application servers. This is needed for RSYNC to talk to Genesys
- Port 22 for SSH—Required for LFMT ongoing operation
- Port 135 for WMI—Required only during LFMT installation and configuration
- Ports 20 and 21 for FTPS—Required for LFMT ongoing operation
- Port 8080 for Tomcat or Jetty
- Port 5432 for PostgreSQL, port 1521 for Oracle, port 1433 for MSSQL—Required only if on a different host than the LFMT Server