Web API Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Web API Server Chat Service now includes status codes in the HTTP response. Here is a list of the codes and their meanings:
- statusCode 0—The attempted communication with Chat Server was successful.
- statusCode 1—If Chat Server sends an error response that corresponds to a recoverable error, then there was a recoverable error. Otherwise, there was a connection error with Chat Server.
- statusCode 2—There was a non-recoverable error.
- The Web API now allows endpoints other than the default endpoint to submit Chat interactions. This means that your applications can now choose which queue to use for chat applications, based on the needs of your business logic.
- The Send Email request now allows you to add attached data.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Web API Server no longer sends unnecessary requests to Solution Control Server (SCS) when a new chat server session is created. It now relies on notification events instead. (ESR-9351)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.000.16.