Social Media Plug-in for Workspace Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||HP-UX PA||HP-UX IPF||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
New in This Release
There are no restrictions for this release. This section describes new features that were introduced in this release of Social Media Plug-in for Workspace.
- The following privileges (roles) for agents are added:
Facebook: Can Show Post History, Can Edit Outbound Posts, Can Edit Outbound Comments, Can Like/Unlike Posts and Comments, Can Change Visibility of Posts, Can Create Private Messages, Can Create Unsolicited Outbound Posts
Twitter: Can Favorite and Unfavorite Tweets, Can Retweet, Can Create Direct Message, Can Create Unsolicited Outbound Tweets, Can Delete Own Tweets, Can Follow a User
- When an Agent Replies to or Comments on a Facebook or Twitter interaction, the Case Data attached to the incoming interaction is propagated to the corresponding outbound interaction.
- Agents can edit outbound Facebook Posts and Comments.
- Agents can reply to a Facebook interaction from the History after the the interaction is marked Done.
- Facebook comments made by agents are visible in the interaction window.
- Agents' replies to Facebook private messages are visible in the transcript of the interaction.
- Windows 2012 is supported.
- Agents can view previews of attached images in tweets.
- Outbound tweets whose status is Done can be deleted from the History by the Agent.
- Agents can highlight and un-highlight Facebook posts.
- Agents can Like or Unlike a Facebook post or comment.
- Agents can Hide and Unhide Facebook posts.
- Agents can Favorite and Unfavorite tweets.
Corrections and Modifications
This release also includes the following corrections or modifications:
The default values of the <media-type>.hashtag-regex options (see http://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/ES/8.5.1/SMSolution/IWPlugins#t-1) have been updated to (?:(?<=\s)|^)#(\w*[A-Za-z_]+\w*) (SMD-1974)