iWD Runtime Node Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
|09/23/16||General||Under Shipping Control||X||X|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Improvements to Dimensions Handling—The operation of indexes of dimensions tables on MSSQL has been improved. Previously, parameters were passed in Unicode which required a conversion to non-Unicode before the parameters could be used in queries. Now, parameters are sent in non-Unicode.
- The dimensions caching mechanism has also been improved. Previously, the Load Intraday job cached dimensions values, but the cache was cleared with every run of the Load Intraday job. Now, you can retain cache values between job runs, which significantly reduces the number of the queries to the Data Mart database.
- A new option has been added to in the settings section of the iWD Runtime Node application in Configuration Server and iWD GAX Plug-in:
- clear-cache (Clear Dimension Cache in GAX Plug-in)
- Valid values: true/false
- Default value: false
- When this option is set to true, the dimension's cache is cleared when the Load Intraday job completes. When this option is set to false, the cache persists between Load Intraday job runs.
- Load Historical Enhancements—Load Historical behavior has been hardened to handle scenarios related to solution updates.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
A problem that arose in rare scenarios and caused a message containing an announcement about the next scheduled work to be repeated several times on the Data Mart dashboard has now been corrected. (IWD-5373)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.105.02.