Genesys Web Engagement Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- New platform support:
- Cent OS Linux 7
- OpenJDK 8
- The new Genesys Web Engagement Management interface replaces the previous Plug-in for GAX and provides the ability to manage categories and pacing settings.
- New options added:
- staticResourcesCacheControl is added to the web section options. You can use this option to apply caching of static resources for servers using HTTPS.
- config.cookieExpires is added to Configuring the Instrumentation Script. You can use this option to customize the expiration time for cookies stored by the customer's browser.
- Web Engagement Server now sends category information to the customer's browser only once per visit, as long as the category-related configuration settings are unchanged. If the Tracker JS application sends a request for categories after receiving the initial category information, it will receive an HTTP 304 (Not Modified) response and retrieve the category information from the cache. However, Web Engagement will resend the category information to the browser if the category-related configuration settings are changed.
- Web Engagement is now built using a Jetty 9.4 stream, which improves the security and overall stability of the Web Engagement cluster. Note: During the implementation of this improvement, changes were made to the following:
- The file system structure of the GWE Server directory.
- The manner in which HTTPS support is configured (see Configuring Launcher).
- Discontinued features and functionality:
- Embedded Cassandra support
- Java 7 support
- Plug-in for GAX (Note: The functionality of this plug-in was replaced by the new Web Engagement Management interface, which provides support for category and pacing settings management, but does not provide support for instrumentation script generation.)
- Reporting Dashboard Proxy
- Integration script for bundling with Co-browse
- The sample application provided on the Genesys documentation site.
- The Genesys Generic Server type is no longer supported for Genesys Web Engagement server applications. The related template has been removed from the list of templates.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Genesys Web Engagement now redirects History REST requests to the node that is storing the events cache for that specific visit. This allows Web Engagement to provide more accurate details about the visit and prevents excessive read operations from being performed on the database. (WM-8068)
The timers for timeout events now reset correctly. (WM-8062)
Web Engagement now requires Genesys Rules Authoring Tool (GRAT) version 8.5.303.16 or higher. (WM-8103)
Genesys Web Engagement no longer needs to read information from the database each time that pacing results are recalculated. Instead, the required information is now accumulated on each node and shared between nodes in real-time. This provides a performance boost for both the database layer and the overall Web Engagement cluster. (WM-8093)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.100.08.