Widgets Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Added new configuration option uploadsEnabled for the SendMessage and SendMessageService widgets which enables or disables the ability to attach files to a message.
- Additional parameters to Search Widget.
- When initiating a new interaction, Callback and Send Message Widgets can now send additional UserData relevant to Genesys Web Engagement and Engagement Manager.
- Sidebar widget is now available for mobile and desktop browsers, enabling users to trigger any widget from a customizable list of Widgets icons.
- Support for building Customized WebChat Registration Forms.
- Anonymous Chat: based on Customized WebChat Registration Form, you can now start a Chat session by providing a Nickname value instead of First Name and Last Name.
- Additional event metadata for improved event handling.
- Support for Microsoft Edge desktop browser. See "Supported Browsers" on the Supported Operating Environment: eServices page for more detailed information and a list of all supported browsers.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Configuration overrides through URL parameters, used for troubleshooting, have been deprecated and removed to avoid potential XSS vulnerability. (CXW-1116)
The buttons inside of certain dialog boxes no longer wrap and appear stacked instead of side by side on some smaller mobile devices. (CXW-1005)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.008.08.