Genesys Softphone Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- You can now specify the TCP port range used for client-originated connections when SIP communication is configured to be transported over TCP or TLS protocol by using the tcp_port_min and tcp_port_max options.
- The resilience of Genesys Softphone during network events, such as an IP address change, caused by workstation Sleep/Wake, VPN Connect/Disconnect, and so on, has been improved. This new behavior is permanent.
- You can now configure Genesys Softphone to include the MAC address of the host in the SIP message headers. This capability is enabled by using the include_mac_address option.
- Genesys Softphone installation package now upgrades the application when it detects that an older version is already installed on the workstation. It is no longer possible to install multiple instances of Genesys Softphone on a single workstation.
- Genesys Softphone is rebranded to reflect the new Genesys logo.
- It is now possible to specify a SIP Authentication password when Genesys Softphone is dynamically configured by a client application, such as Workspace Web Edition. This applies to single and dual registration type deployments.
- Genesys Softphone installation package has been improved to make the HTTP Connector ready to use immediately after installation (interactive or silent) in environments where Genesys Softphone is planned to be controlled by an agent application such as Workspace Web Edition. This includes specification of auto-start at Windows session initialization, activation of HTTP Connector, collection of listening port, and, in the case of a secured connection, collection of corporate certificate reference or creation and installation of a self-signed certificate.
This release contains no resolved issues.
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.400.04.
This page was last modified on July 13, 2017, at 05:49.