Social Media Plugin for Workspace Desktop Edition Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Agents can now see an animated preview of attachments such as MP4 videos and GIF files within the WDE interaction window. This feature is supported for attachments that are received through Facebook posts and private messages. (SMD-5910, SMD-5909)
- As Facebook handles MP4 and GIF files in the same way, the plugin has no provision for agents to differentiate between MP4 and GIF attachments.
- MP4 videos and GIF files received in comments are displayed only as static image previews. Agents cannot view the actual MP4 videos or GIF files in comments within the interaction window due to Facebook’s limitations.
- Agents can now hide or unhide a root post on the brand’s Facebook page by clicking Hide Post or Unhide Post in the interaction window. A hidden post is not visible to the visitors of the page. (SMD-5886)
- Agents can now select a Twitter handle through which their replies are sent to Twitter users. The default Twitter handle can be configured in the Hub channel configuration page for Twitter. (SMD-5942)
- The plugin can now be deployed using the ClickOnce Deployment package of WDE. The Social Media Plug-in option is added to the Workspace Desktop Edition Deployment Manager for users to deploy the plugin using the ClickOnce Deployment mode.
- The plugin no longer counts an initiated outbound interaction towards a capacity rule when handling concurrent Facebook or Twitter interactions with capacity rule setup. (SMD-5874, SMD-5919)
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The Send button is disabled if an agent enters only blank spaces in the reply text area during a Facebook session interaction. (SMD-4647)
A warning message is displayed in WDE if an agent acts on an inbound interaction through a channel that is already disabled or logged off. (SMD-1761)
Agents can now see the correct reactions count for Facebook outbound interactions in the My History view. (SMD-5347)
The Message Type and From fields are properly auto-filled when an agent sends an unsolicited Twitter direct message. (SMD-5781)
The plugin now counts a new line character as a single character for the remaining characters count when an agent replies to a Twitter message. (SMD-2110)
The plugin now places Facebook session interactions in a workbin when an agent closes WDE using the Close (X) button. (SMD-1783)
The plugin now correctly calculates the remaining characters count of a Twitter direct message. (SMD-5794)
The plugin now correctly calculates the remaining characters count of a Twitter direct message when an agent sends a single emoji. (SMD-5904)
An issue that prevented an agent from marking a Twitter direct message or a Facebook session interaction as done after switching between open interactions, is fixed. (SMD-5929, SMD-5844)
The plugin now reloads grouped Tweets completely. Previously, the first Tweet was loaded but the rest were not loaded. (SMD-5936)
An issue that prevented agents from receiving user comments on a brand’s Facebook cover photo, is fixed. (SMD-5928)
- If you plan to upgrade Cloud API Driver for Facebook, Cloud API Driver for Twitter, and Social Media Plugin for WDE, ensure the following upgrade order:
- Upgrade Social Media Plugin for WDE on all agent workstations.
- Upgrade the drivers in DMS.