Genesys Rules System Rules Authoring Tool Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Support for Role-Based Access Control at rule-package level—Previously, GRAT used Configuration Server Roles to provide only global access control to all packages in a given node of the business hierarchy. Release 8.5.302 now provides package-level overrides to these global roles—role privileges can be restricted to specific rule packages by applying Role-Based Access Control at the rule package level. See New Features By Release.
- Deployment to Genesys Web Engagement Clusters—In this release GRS supports deployment to Genesys Web Engagement (GWE) clusters.
- New Business Calendar template sample—In this release a sample template, rule package, and some test scenarios are added to the samples directory. A new section is added to the Best Practice Guide to explain the new template.
- Streamlining of GRAT node removal—Removing a node from a GRAT cluster has been streamlined to avoid manual database interventions. The removal and database clean-up processes are now automated and controlled by new configuration options. See New Features By Release.
- Database Support Changes—The following changes are made in database support:
- Support for Oracle 12c RAC is implemented.
- Support for all variants of DB2 is discontinued.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
A problem that caused shifting of action/condition values to another action/condition of a Decision Table or Test Scenario has been fixed. The issue occurred when a user tried to remove an existing action/condition before a newly added action/condition had been completely saved in the Decision Table or Test Scenario. (GRS-2961)
A problem that caused forced deployments to fail has been corrected. Previously, if a deployment was already in progress when a forced deployment of the same rules package was initiated, the forced deployment would fail to complete and would not appear in deployment history. (GRS-2949)
A problem that caused SessionManager to throw an exception when trying to clean up an expired user who was still logged on has been corrected. (GRS-2941)
The handling of scheduled deployments has been made more robust in order to prevent terminations of the Schedule Deployment thread occurring whenever errors or exceptions were encountered. (GRS-2940)
The default value of the clear-repository-cache configuration option has been changed to true. Previously, the default value was set to false so that the GRAT server could start quickly in cold HA scenarios. Active HA is now supported by GRAT and this option setting for cold standby HA is no longer advised. (GRS-2939)
A problem with calendar locking has been corrected. Previously, although calendars were correctly locked, users might not see the locked indication until attempting to save a change. (GRS-2911)
A problem with use of the hashtag (#) character in rule syntax has been fixed. This was causing the creation of snapshots of rules that contained the hashtag to fail to complete and deployments to remain in pending state. (GRS-2885)
A problem that caused changes to rules being inadvertently saved has been corrected. Previously, if a user made a change to a rule (without saving) and then clicked Validate rule, the unsaved changes were inadvertently committed. Also, if user made a change to a rule (without saving) and then clicked Save, but later tried to cancel, the unsaved changes were inadvertently committed. (GRS-2852)
Validation has been added to detect invalid values for the splitTest field in the Create Rule and Modify Rule REST APIs. (GRS-2802)
The Create Package REST API now should supports the global attribute as well as the wildcard ( * ) attribute. (GRS-2783)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.302.07.