Genesys Rules System Rules Authoring Tool Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- A/B/C Split Testing allows you to compare the business outcomes of alternative rule scenarios before rolling out significant changes to the way you make your business decisions. With Split Testing you can make, test and review changes incrementally to test their effects before committing to a particular change set. See the Deployment Guide for full information.
- Enhanced Rule Locking/Unlocking—Further enhancements are made in this release to record locking/unlocking, as follows:
- If a rule, calendar or test scenario are locked, a new mouseover tooltip over the ID column shows who has locked the rule.
- Users/administrators with the new OVERRIDE_LOCKS permission can unlock rules locked by other users.
- The unlock feature is also applied to Business Calendars as a new drop-down. The behavior is the same as for rules—a user can lock/unlock their own calendar, and users/administrators with OVERRIDE_LOCKS permission can override such locks.
- Support for Java 8 is implemented and mandatory for GRAT and GRE in this release.
- Support for JBOSS 7.x is discontinued in this release.
- Support for RHEL 5 32-bit is discontinued in this release.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
A version retrieval problem in package Deployment History has been corrected. Previously, the version was always reported as 2. (GRS-2778)
Deployment IDs are now handled correctly in cold standby scenarios. Previously if the standby GRAT was started (after a Primary failure), deployments might use deployment IDs that had already been used by the other instance. This could cause issues where GRE Smart Clusters were being used, because the Deployment ID is used to determine if a rule package is current or outdated during synchronization. (GRS-2769)
A problem with the simulated timezone in Test Scenarios being set to GMT in error has been corrected. Previously, this occurred when a user changed any field in the Test Case Summary (Description, Phase or Simulated Date/Time). (GRS-2746)
A misleading error message that was displayed on the GRAT login page when the user did not have execute permission for the client application has now been corrected. (GRS-2739)
A problem with creation of rules via the REST/API that were not visible in GRAT has now been corrected. (GRS-2731)
In the Modify Rule API, modification of the value of the Phase field has been tightened to prevent the use of a non-existent field value. (GRS-2727)
A problem with corrupted characters appearing in non-English environments when a rule package was imported as an XML file and a non-English Business Name was specified has been corrected. The previous workaround is no longer required. (GRS-2721)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.300.06.