Also known as ICON. A Genesys product that collects and stores detailed data from various sources in a contact center that is empowered by using Genesys software. Downstream reporting systems can access Interaction Concentrator data in near–real time.
Operating on top of Genesys Framework, the product consists of a server application that is called ICON and a database that is called Interaction Database (IDB). The server receives data from data sources such as Configuration Server, T-Server, or particular Genesys solutions; it then stores this data in IDB by using Genesys DB Server.
Default Value: false
Valid Values: true, false
Changes Take Effect: On the next ETL cycle
Introduced: 8.5.007 (replaces expand-mediation-time-for-gapless)
In eServices deployments, controls whether all mediation time for multimedia interactions, even mediation time that does not occur within a queue, is represented by an MSF.
- false — MSFs for multimedia interactions are focused only on the portion of the mediation time that occurs in a queue, whether it is an Interaction Queue or a virtual queue. There may be gaps in time between MSFs, because the multimedia interaction may not be in a queue, or may not be in a queue that is represented in Genesys Info Mart with an MSF.
- true — Provided that there is an MSF for the first Interaction Queue in a mediation (which is true for mediation time of unhandled interactions), all mediation time for multimedia interactions that occurs after the first Interaction Queue, even mediation time that does not occur within a queue, is represented by one or more MSFs. Additional, non-queue MSFs are created for multimedia interactions to represent mediation time that occurs outside an Interaction Queue MSF — for example, mediation time that occurs after an MSF for an Interaction Queue, when a routing strategy is attempting to find a routing target without the use of a virtual queue.
Genesys Info Mart Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- A new column, GVP_SESSION_ID, is added to the IRF_USER_DATA_GEN_1 table. This column is reserved for internal use only. (GIM-12678)
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The Genesys Info Mart configuration check is now enabled by default on UNIX, as it is in all other deployments. This restores the behavior that existed in 8.5.014.34 and earlier releases. In release 8.5.015.07, the configuration check was disabled in the gim_etl_server file on UNIX. (GIM-12720)
The transformation job now correctly populates the END_TS field in the MEDIATION_SEGMENT_FACT (MSF) table in multimedia scenarios where:
- A strategy is the last party to handle the interaction before it is marked as ended.
- The show-non-queue-mediation-mm option is configured to true, which causes the strategy time to be represented in the MSF.
Previously in some scenarios, Genesys Info Mart sometimes stored an incorrect value in the END_TS field. (GIM-12711)
The extraction job is no longer delayed in scenarios where:
- The configuration check is disabled (-DConfigChecker is set to false in the gim_etl_server startup file).
- Genesys Info Mart previously extracted data from a data source that is no longer available. A data source can become unavailable for any number of reasons—for example, because the data source (say, T-Server) was removed from ICON connections, or the ICON was removed from the Genesys Info Mart application connections, or the ICON application or extraction DAP was disabled.
Previously in such scenarios, Genesys Info Mart considered the data source to still be active. This resulted in delays because Genesys Info Mart waited for data from that data source. (GIM-12699, GIM-12715)
In deployments that support Session Detail Record (SDR) reporting, the SDR_MESSAGE.MESSAGE_FILE column — which is mapped to SDR DeflectionMessage attribute — no longer stores timestamps. As a result, values in the SDR_MESSAGE.MESSAGE_FILE column now conform to the limitations of low-cardinality dimension tables. Previously, timestamp values included in the SDR DeflectionMessage attribute in some scenarios caused unnecessary growth in the size of the SDR_MESSAGE dimension table.
For example, the following DeflectionMessage attribute values were previously stored as unique MESSAGE_FILE values in separate SDR_MESSAGE rows:
"milestone":"TopicMsg1","milestonepath":"Common/Topic/TopicMsg1",...,"time":"2020-04-16T21:27:13.331Z" "milestone":"TopicMsg1","milestonepath":"Common/Topic/TopicMsg1",...,"time":"2020-04-16T21:30:13.331Z" "milestone":"TopicMsg1","milestonepath":"Common/Topic/TopicMsg1",...,"time":"2020-04-16T21:35:13.331Z"
Now these similar attribute values, which differ only in timestamps, map to the same MESSAGE_FILE value:
Refer to the Deployment Procedure for this release to deploy the installation package within your environment.
- To enable all of the functionality provided in this release, Genesys Info Mart requires Interaction Concentrator (ICON) release 8.1.514.27 or higher. At a minimum, Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 requires Interaction Concentrator 22.214.171.124. For additional recommendations, see ICON Recommendations in the Known Issues and Recommendations section.
- Genesys recommends that you manage jobs using Genesys Info Mart Manager, but if you continue to use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console, Genesys recommends that you use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console release 8.1.3 or higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.010 requires Genesys Info Mart release 8.5.009 or higher. Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 is compatible with Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.1.4 and higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager and Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) interoperability requirements are reciprocal:
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.010.02 and later requires GAX release 8.5.270.06, and vice versa.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager 8.5 releases earlier than 8.5.010 require GAX 8.5 releases earlier than GAX 8.5.270.06, and vice versa.