Also known as ICON. A Genesys product that collects and stores detailed data from various sources in a contact center that is empowered by using Genesys software. Downstream reporting systems can access Interaction Concentrator data in near–real time.
Operating on top of Genesys Framework, the product consists of a server application that is called ICON and a database that is called Interaction Database (IDB). The server receives data from data sources such as Configuration Server, T-Server, or particular Genesys solutions; it then stores this data in IDB by using Genesys DB Server.
Default Value: false
Valid Values: true, false
Changes Take Effect: At the next run of Job_TransformGIM
Starting with release 8.1.1, specifies whether Genesys Info Mart will adjust the mediation duration in MSFs for virtual queues to include time that was spent in strategies but not in associated virtual queues—for example, if an interaction spends 3 minutes in a strategy and is in a virtual queue for 2 of those minutes, whether the MSF for the virtual queue will report the duration as 3 minutes or 2 minutes.
- false—Genesys Info Mart never includes strategy time that is outside the virtual queue in the mediation duration. This setting means that there might be gaps between the end time of the MSF for a virtual queue that is used by a strategy and the IRF that follows the strategy’s routing, or between the start time of the MSF for a virtual queue and the end time of a previous MSF (for example, the MSF for an Interaction Workbin).
- true—Genesys Info Mart includes strategy time that is outside the virtual queue in the mediation duration in MSFs for virtual queues.
Default Value: error
Valid Values: error, warning
Changes Take Effect: At the next configuration check
Specifies the severity level of the error Genesys Info Mart generates in high availability (HA) deployments if it detects that ICON connections to the HA pair(s) of data sources (T-Server, Outbound Contact Server, or Interaction Server) have not been configured correctly. Misconfiguration occurs when the primary data-source application is not specified for both ICON connections in the HA pair.
When misconfiguration is detected, Genesys Info Mart behavior depends on the defined severity level:
- warning — Error message 55-20162 (GIM_ETL_CFG_OBJ_INVALID) is logged, describing the illegal connection.
- error — The configuration check fails, preventing the ETL from running. Two error messages are logged: 55-20162 (GIM_ETL_CFG_OBJ_INVALID), which describes the illegal connection, and 55-20037 (GIM_ETL_CONFIG_CHECK_FAILED), which indicates that the configuration check failed.
Default Value: 100 MB
Valid Values: A positive integer, with or without a suffix specifying the unit of measure (B|KB|MB|GB)
Changes Take Effect: At the next run of Job_TransformGIM
Specifies the maximum size of the buffer holding the response to an Elasticsearch REST request. If the body of the response exceeds max-content-length, the HTTP Client throws org.apache.http.ContentTooLongException.
When you define the buffer size, use one of the following suffixes to specify the unit of measure:
- B = bytes
- KB = kilobytes
- MB = megabytes
- GB = gigabytes
- If you do not specify a unit suffix, bytes are used.
Genesys Info Mart Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Enhanced reporting on Asynchronous interactions — In Genesys Engage cloud deployments with Advanced Chat, Genesys Info Mart supports reporting on Asynchronous interactions that are placed into a parking queue. Two new columns, PARKING_QUEUE_COUNT and PARKING_QUEUE_DURATION, have been added to the CHAT_SESSION_FACT table. (GIM-12504)
- Elasticsearch enhancement — A new configuration option, rest:max-content-length in the [elasticsearch-<data-source-id>] section, specifies the maximum permitted size for responses to Elasticsearch REST requests. (GIM-12502)
- Configuration verification enhancement — During startup and at various times during runtime in high availability (HA) deployments, Genesys Info Mart now checks that connections to the data sources are correctly specified, with the primary application (T-Server, Outbound Contact Server, or Interaction Server) specified for both ICON connections in the HA pair. If an ICON connection points to a backup application in the HA pair of data sources, Genesys Info Mart generates an error.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
In multimedia deployments where the sequence S_GIDB_G_PARTY_MM has an incorrect order, the transformation job now correctly populates IRF metrics for agents in scenarios where an email cleared from the same VQ several times before being routed to an agent. Previously in such scenarios, some metrics in the IRF table (such as MEDIATION_SEGMENT_ID) might have wrong values. (GIM-12552)
The transformation job now correctly processes chat session metrics in scenarios where the attribute ChatServerSessionClosedAt is missing. Previously in such scenarios, the transformation job sometimes failed with the following error:
Database error: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'END_DATE_TIME_KEY', table 'gim.CHAT_SESSION_FACT'; column does not allow nulls.
Genesys Info Mart now merges SDR_EXIT_POINT.APPLICATION_EXIT_POINT records that do not refer to internal resources into single SDR_EXIT_POINT.APPLICATION_EXIT_POINT=’EXTERNAL’ records. Previously, Genesys Info Mart produced distinct SDR_EXIT_POINT.APPLICATION_EXIT_POINT records for each distinct external resource, resulting in a large number of SDR_EXIT_POINT records, in environments that use Genesys Callback. (GIM-12533)
The configuration option extract-data-max-conn is removed from the [gim-etl] section, as it is no longer used. (GIM-12524)
The performance of the export job has been improved in environments where a large number of output files exist for previously exported chunks. Previously in such scenarios, the job sometimes took a long time to complete, and the log showed many SQL queries issued against the CTL_AUDIT_LOG table. (GIM-12511)
On Microsoft SQL Server deployments, Genesys Info Mart now correctly populates user data dimension table fields in scenarios where late-arriving user data contains multibyte characters. Previously in such scenarios, multibyte characters were sometimes incorrectly replaced with another character, such as a question mark (?). (GIM-12498)
In multimedia deployments with scenarios where the option adjust-vq-time-by-strategy-time is set to true, the transformation job now correctly populates records for virtual queues in the MSF table. Previously in such scenarios, when a strategy put an interaction into a virtual queue with some delay, records associated with the virtual queue might be missing from the MSF table. (GIM-12250)
Refer to the Deployment Procedure for this release to deploy the installation package within your environment.
- To enable all of the functionality provided in this release, Genesys Info Mart requires Interaction Concentrator (ICON) release 8.1.514.27 or higher. At a minimum, Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 requires Interaction Concentrator 220.127.116.11. For additional recommendations, see ICON Recommendations in the Known Issues and Recommendations section.
- Genesys recommends that you manage jobs using Genesys Info Mart Manager, but if you continue to use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console, Genesys recommends that you use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console release 8.1.3 or higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.010 requires Genesys Info Mart release 8.5.009 or higher. Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 is compatible with Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.1.4 and higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager and Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) interoperability requirements are reciprocal:
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.010.02 and later requires GAX release 8.5.270.06, and vice versa.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager 8.5 releases earlier than 8.5.010 require GAX 8.5 releases earlier than GAX 8.5.270.06, and vice versa.