Default Value: 50
Valid Values: 10-10000
Changes Take Effect: On the next ETL cycle
Specifies the limit for the number of MSF records that are associated with a given multimedia interaction that will be represented in the Info Mart database. When the number of MSF records associated with a single IRF record exceeds the limit, the transformation job processes only the first n mediation DNs and the last n mediation DNs in the interaction, where n = max-msfs-per-irf/2. In this way, ETL performance avoids being degraded by huge numbers of MSF records for unsuccessful routing attempts for "stuck strategy" scenarios.
Genesys Info Mart Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Predictive Routing — Genesys Info Mart now supports reporting on Genesys Predictive Routing (GPR) usage and the impact of predictive routing on agent and interaction-handling KPIs for voice, web, and mobile channels. Genesys Info Mart support for GPR reporting is provided out-of-box, provided that GPR has been configured to send the required KVPs in UserEvents and that Interaction Concentrator (ICON) has been configured to store those KVPs. Genesys Info Mart processes and stores GPR-related data in the following dedicated GPM_* tables:
- For links to more information, see New in release 8.5.009 in the Genesys Info Mart Deployment Guide.
- Relaxed database permissions for PostgreSQL — In PostgreSQL deployments that use read-only tenant views, the name of the Tenant User no longer needs to be the same as the name of the Tenant User schema. On the other hand, the Info Mart user (the user account used to run Info Mart jobs) requires access to the tenant user schemas and the tenant views. If your PostgreSQL deployment uses tenant views, use the updated make_gim_view_for_tenant.sql script to separately specify the names of the Tenant User schema and the Tenant User, as well as the Info Mart user. To support this change, the Info Mart database user is now the the owner of tenant views.
- Performance improvements — Various internal enhancements improve Genesys Info Mart ETL performance. The improvements include changes to the way the extraction job handles connections to IDBs, using pooled connections that do not close until extraction is complete. As a result, your DBAs might notice a large increase in the number of open connections, many of them idle, during extraction. For more information, see Database Connections in the Genesys Info Mart Deployment Guide.
- Support for the following databases. See the Genesys Info Mart page for more detailed information and a list of all supported databases:
- Oracle 12c Multitenant Container Database (CDB)
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The transformation job no longer fails while processing multimedia scenarios where ICON creates two records in the G_PARTY table with the same PARTYID, and the second record has an incorrect PARENTPARTYID. Previously in such scenarios, the transformation job sometimes failed to process the scenario and entered an infinite loop, using 100% of the CPU. (GIM-11776)
Extraction is no longer delayed in scenarios where both high availability (HA) ICONs disconnect from the T-Server and after reconnect, the ICONs report only NODATA. Previously in such scenarios, extraction might be delayed because Genesys Info Mart did not advance the extraction high-water mark (HWM) to follow NODATA. (GIM-11677)
In Oracle deployments, Genesys Info Mart now successfully creates missing indexes on IDBs that it uses for extraction. These indexes are created by Genesys Info Mart during migration, during extraction, or when the script update_idb_for_gim.sql runs. Previously, when some ICONs updated IDBs, index creation might fail with the following exception:
ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified or timeout expired.
In scenarios where data from some data sources is delayed, Genesys Info Mart now promptly moves merged calls into GIDB tables. Previously in such scenarios, Genesys Info Mart delayed merging the data, which could also cause merge tables to become larger than necessary, impacting performance. (GIM-11643)
Genesys Info Mart can now update the fields SOURCE_ADDRESS and SUBJECT in the INTERACTION_FACT table. (GIM-11627)
The transformation job now correctly calculates and stores a technical result of “Abandoned” in the MEDIATION_SEGMENT_FACT (MSF) record for virtual queues (VQ) in scenarios where a multimedia interaction is cleared in the VQ several times before being abandoned in the VQ. Previously in such scenarios, the transformation job might calculate the technical result as “Cleared”. (GIM-11620)
Genesys Info Mart now correctly populates the TENANT_KEY column in the ROUTING_TARGET and STRATEGY tables in multi-tenant configuration environments in scenarios where a tenant is deleted and later re-added with the same name. Previously in such scenarios, the TENANT_KEY column might have incorrectly referred to the deleted tenant instead of the active one. (GIM-11568)
Genesys Info Mart now correctly recognizes the open (or 3rd Party) media type named 'voice' as equivalent to the predefined media type VOICE (MEDIA_TYPE_KEY=1). (GIM-11562)
The transformation job now correctly updates the ACTIVE_FLAG in the INTERACTION_FACT table in multi-chunking scenarios (where an interaction is transformed in more than one ETL cycle) where:
- no MSF record and no IRF record are created for a multimedia interaction that is part of an INTERACTION_FACT record,
- multiple interactions appear in the record.
Previously in such scenarios, the transformation job might have failed to update the ACTIVE_FLAG to 0, causing the interaction to appear active forever. (GIM-11560)
Genesys Info Mart Server now correctly reports aggregation delay values in scenarios where Genesys Info Mart collected Outbound data for a period of time, and is subsequently reconfigured to no longer collect Outbound data. For Genesys Info Mart Manager to show correct aggregation delay values in the ETL Status view, you must upgrade Genesys Info Mart Server to release 8.5.009.04 or later. (GIM-11504)
Genesys Info Mart no longer generates warning messages or records a non-zero value in the INTERACTION_FACT.STATUS column in certain timing scenarios where:
- A call reaches a handling resource, where a route-on-no-answer (RONA) occurs.
- The redirected call enters a virtual queue or ACD queue DN that is configured with the link-msf-userdata option set to true.
Previously in such scenarios, Genesys Info Mart might have recorded a value of 17 in the INTERACTION_FACT.STATUS column, and generated a warning message similar to the following:
2017-08-06 22:51:41,763 WARN ecp-1-1030604/v-xform-107 20000 Interaction(1399851445):irf(9226378529) - negative PREVIOUS_MEDIATION_DURATION =-14 in output data 2017-08-06 22:51:41,763 WARN ecp-1-1030604/v-xform-107 20000 Interaction(1399851445)irf(9226378529) setting PREVIOUS_MEDIATION_DURATION to 0
In deployments with archived queues (such as iWD Solution) the transformation job now correctly calculates values for metrics related to mediations in INTERACTION_RESOURCE_FACT tables (such as MEDIATION_SEGMENT_ID, MEDIATION_RESOURCE_KEY, and LAST_VQUEUE_RESOURCE_KEY). Previously in such deployments, the transformation job might have missed links to mediations and left these metrics empty. (GIM-11472)
In multimedia deployments, the transformation job now creates MSF records for all valid mediations in runaway scenarios where the number of mediations exceeds the max-msfs-per-irf limit within a single ETL cycle before the interaction reaches an agent. Previously in such scenarios, some MSF records might have been missing. (GIM-11446)
Refer to the Deployment Procedure for this release to deploy the installation package within your environment.
- To enable all of the functionality provided in this release, Genesys Info Mart requires Interaction Concentrator release 8.1.514.06 or higher. At a minimum, Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 requires Interaction Concentrator 184.108.40.206. For additional recommendations, see ICON Recommendations in the Known Issues and Recommendations section.
- Genesys recommends that you manage jobs using Genesys Info Mart Manager, but if you continue to use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console, Genesys recommends that you use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console release 8.1.3 or higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5 requires Genesys Info Mart release 8.5.002 or later. Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 is compatible with Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.1.4 and higher.