Configuration Server 8.5.x Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Configuration Server no longer requires License Resource Manager (LRM) 8.5 to be present in the environment at any time.
- Configuration Server can now use Windows Authentication to access an MS SQL Configuration Database.
- Starting in this release, Configuration Server external authentication uses OpenSSL version 1.0.2j for secure connections to LDAP Servers.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Configuration Server Proxy now reopens its port properly after the connection to the master Configuration Server was lost and restored. This connection loss occurs when the proxy server is initializing and starts synchronizing the history data with the master server. Previously, if the connection was lost during initial synchronization, Configuration Server Proxy did not open a listening port after it was fully initialized. If the connection was lost when reloading the History Log data, Configuration Server Proxy did not get the full history log. To remedy this, you had to restart the servers that had the problem. (MFWK-17563)
Configuration Conversion Wizard: If an Application object for Genesys Administrator already exists in the Configuration Database, Configuration Conversion Wizard (CCW) 8.5.000.14 no longer fails when upgrading from Genesys Administrator 8.1.0 to 8.1.1. Previously, CCW did not check to see if an Application object for Genesys Administrator existed, and when it tried to create a new one, CCW terminated. (MFWK-17872)
Configuration Conversion Wizard: CCW 8.5.000.14 now converts a single-tenant Configuration Database to a multi-tenant database successfully, even when the Environment or Resources folder, or any other object, has a section in its Annex with the same section name. Previously, if the Environment or Resources folder had a section with the same name, CCW generated the Cannot copy the options from Resources to Environment tenant: flexible properties duplication. message. (MFWK-17865)
License Reporting Manager (LRM) 8.5 is no longer integrated with Configuration Server. If you are currently using LRM 8.5, uninstall LRM 8.5. Refer to the LRM Technical Advisory for details. LRM 8.5 will not be operational once you deploy this version of Configuration Server.
As a result of disassociating Configuration Server and LRM:
- Configuration Server does not generate the configuration option [<server object name>] license.
- You can launch Configuration Server directly against a new or newly-converted database; the ‑preparedb parameter is not required.
- Configuration Server does not generate the following log messages during startup: 24500, 24501, 24502, 24503, 24504, 24505, 24506, 24507, and 24508. It also does not generate the following LRM-related messages: 25100, 25101, and 25102.