Configuration Server 8.5.x Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new feature or enhancements:
- Improved migration of HA Configuration Servers: You can now allow an upgraded version of Configuration Server to run alongside its HA partner that is not upgraded, for a brief period of time. This provides for a more streamlined migration procedure, with less downtime for clients.
As part of this new functionality, the following new Configuration Server Log Events are used to track the procedure:
- 21-21270 [+] show details
- 21-21271 [+] show details
- 21-21272 [+] show details
- 21-21273 [+] show details
- 21-25300 [+] show details
- 21-25301 [+] show details
- 21-25302 [+] show details
- Support for IBM DB2 10.5 database. See the Supported Operating Environment: Framework page for more detailed information and a list of all supported databases.
- Support for the VMware ESXi 6 virtualization environment. See the Supported Operating Environment: Framework page for more detailed information and a list of all supported virtual machines.
This release contains the following resolved issue:
Configuration Server no longer attempts to store the DBMS access password, as read from the startup configuration file, back into the Configuration Database after successfully connecting to the database. Previously, the Configuration Server Application object sometimes attempted to populate its own password option with that value. If the password had already been encrypted in the configuration file, Configuration Server sometimes failed to encrypt it again, logged ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8", and remained in Read Only mode until it was restarted. (MFWK-17339)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 126.96.36.199.