Billing Data Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release includes the following new features:
- Installation and Configuration enhancements — BDS now provides enhanced deployment and configuration methods that reduce the complexity and time required to deploy and set up the software.
- Deployment script — A new deployment script, deploy_prem_install.sh, automates the installation of BDS on the premise host. (CBILL-4015)
- Configuration wizard — A new option (brsctl.py setup), enables you to easily create new BDS configurations. (CBILL-3815)
- When generating the global template, BDS now automatically adds only appropriate attributes in the mode_settings section. (CBILL-3786)
- Logging Enhancements:
- BDS now logs an error when the Configuration Server returns an empty list of test agents. BDS repeats the request up to three times, logging an error each time. (CBILL-4059)
- BDS now logs an error if it cannot create a cursor object from the connection, and makes a new connection to the database server. (CBILL-4143)
This release contains the following resolved issues:
BDS now uses version 8.0.1 of the cx_Oracle library when connecting to an Oracle database. Previously, BDS used older versions of the library which in some scenarios, interfered with data extraction and caused BDS to log errors containing a string similar to the following:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-16-le' codec can't decode bytes in position 344-345: illegal encoding
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.002.01.