Billing Data Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- GIM-based voicemail support — BDS now supports tracking of SIP voicemail usage based on data supplied by Genesys Info Mart. The following changes support this feature:
- Two new datasets are added: agent_login and agent_group.
- The DN dataset is updated.
- A new metric, voicemail_boxes_gim, is added.
- For more information, see GIM-based voicemail in the Billing Data Server User's Guide.
- Security Enhancements:
- BDS now supports authentication through Web Services and Applications (GWS).
- BDS now performs server-server GWS authorization.
- Logging Enhancements:
- BDS now generates AUDIT log-records in the Bds.log file, for all manual CRUD operations.
- BDS logger now supports a new severity level, AUDIT. AUDIT log-records are written to the main log file ( Bds.log), and also into a new bds-audit.log file.
- BDS logger now excludes sensitive data from all logs.
- Miscellaneous Enhancements:
- A new statistic, peak_time, is now added to the statistics log file for all applicable metrics.
- In the tenant configuration, the tenant_name parameter is no longer required, and is removed from the tenant template.
- You can now define a blacklist for business unit names. Business units that are added to the blacklist cannot be added or imported; this prevents errors during business unit name detection. For more information about this feature, see the Billing Data Server User's Guide.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
On premise deployments, if there is no requirement to break down data based on business unit, BDS now generates GVP metrics (such as GVP Ports, GVP ASR Ports, and GVP TTS Ports) even when Genesys Info Mart datasets are not available. As a result, test datasets (test_voice_interactions) are removed from the GVP ASR minutes / GVP TTS minutes, and GVP Minutes metrics. (CBILL-2255)
The transformation process is optimized to more quickly handle GVP data in scenarios where business unit billing is required. (CBILL-2237)
During tenant processing in scenarios where business unit billing is used, BDS now creates a statistic record in the statistics log in the file for each business unit, with the following metric value:
_2018-09-24 13:15:26,951: metric=gvp_minutes;stat_type=business_units_breakdown;business_unit=WFO1;value=2_
For each business unit, the business_unit field is populated with the unique name assigned to that unit, and:
- The business_unit field in the ‘total value’ file is populated with the tier3_name, which is a tenant name.
- For tenants who do not use business unit breakdown, the business_unit field is always populated with the tier3_name, which is a tenant name.
The extraction process is optimized to more quickly handle the extraction of voice_sessions and mm_sessions datasets. Previously, extraction queries used the LIKE operator, which slowed processing. (CBILL-2067)
BDS now works correctly with new versions of Python packages (numpy, pandas, and dateutils) , and the new versions of the Python packages are now included in the BDS container.
Previously, BDS was unable to work with new versions of numpy, pandas, and dateutils Python packages, and logged errors similar to the following:
RuntimeWarning: numpy.dtype size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility. Expected 96, got 88 from pandas._libs
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.000.18.