Billing Data Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Billing Data Server (BDS) now has the detailed concurrent and enabled seats report functionality. For audit purposes, BDS stores the following information:
- Details of the agent activity that contributed to the calculated peak
- The number of the unique agents active during the month.
- These data are a record of the various agent seat metrics calculations.
- BDS now unifies the native python logging approach. With this enhancement, BDS creates a separate general log file and a log with statistical information on data processing.
- OpenSSL in the BDS docker container is updated to 1.0.2o with FIPS 2.0.16. Additionally, the TLS v1.0 support has been removed.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
BDS no longer fails with an exception when it receives from Configuration Server configuration objects that contain a new line symbol in their options. (CBILL-1625)
BDS now transforms GIR-based seat metrics even when an underlying data set is empty. Previously, the transformation of GIR-based seat metrics (seats_call_recording, seats_screen_recording, and seats_quality_managment) failed with the following exception if any of the underlying data sets were empty:
TypeError: Only valid with DatetimeIndex, TimedeltaIndex or PeriodIndex, but got an instance of 'Int64Index' (CBILL-1617)
When a default location is present in the tenant's configuration, BDS now correctly attributes to that default location all activities related to a switch that is not present within that tenant's configuration. Previously, BDS threw a ValueError exception during the transformation of a seat’s metric if a processed tenant had a default location present in its configuration, that is, a location that had an empty list of switches defined under the switches parameter on a tenant configuration. (CBILL-1612)
BDS now processes empty configuration folders correctly when extracting data from the Configuration Server. Previously, BDS threw an exception when it encountered an empty configuration folder when extracting data from the Configuration Server:
“File "/vagrant/brs/extract/cme.py", line 208, in get_objects_from_folder for object in cfg_folder.objectIDs: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable” (CBILL-1578)
BDS now processes all of the Genesys Voice Platform (GVP) activity. Previously, in a multi-tenant configuration environment, BDS extracted only the GVP activity records for the default Environment tenant. (CBILL-1571)
BDS now processes all relevant configuration objects regardless of their location in a multi-tenant configuration environment configuration folder structure. That is:
- If there is only one default tenant in the configuration, BDS gets data from the Environment tenant.
- If there are multi-tenants, BDS gets data from the Environment tenant and all other tenants.
Previously, during SIP Voicemail metric calculation in a multi-tenant configuration environment, BDS processed only the configuration objects that were located under the Environment tenant. (CBILL-1570)
BDS now performs continually the metrics transformation, discards problematic records, and adds additional statistics about the discarded records to the log. Previously, ASR/TTS metrics transformation failed if the transform process encountered inconsistencies in the underlying extracted GVP data. (CBILL-1499)
BDS now correctly validates the presence of a gvm_mailbox option configured in the [TServer] section of an Agent Login object, when processing the SIP Voicemail billing metric. Subsequently, SIP Voicemail boxes can be defined on a Directory Number (DN), Agent Login, or Agent Group configuration objects. Previously, when calculating the SIP Voicemail billing metric, BDS skipped the Agent Login objects, looking at the Persons configuration objects instead. (CBILL-1498)
Following are the updates made to the BDS Dependency packages:
- The dependency issue caused by update in upstream python modules has been resolved.
- The missing dependency has been added for Oracle client. (CBILL-1456)
BDS datasets that are used for various GIM-based agent seats metrics are now simplified. The login session’s media channel information is stored in a single MediaType field. The InboundVoice, Chat, Email, and OpenMedia fields in queries have been replaced with the single field MediaType. (CBILL-1455)
BDS now opens a connection to a PostgreSQL database with a password containing special symbols. Previously, an attempt to connect with such a password failed. (CBILL-1346)
BDS now includes in the SIP Voicemail billing metric the SIP Voicemail boxes that are configured at a DN configuration object level. Previously, BDS did not account in the SIP Voicemail billing metric the presence of a gvm_mailbox option configured in the [TServer] section of a DN object. (CBILL-1174)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.000.07.