Universal Contact Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
|12/28/18||General||Under Shipping Control||X||X|
This release includes the following new features or enhancements:
- Support for SearchGuard secure connections between Elasticsearch and Cassandra.
- Support for Cassandra database version 3.11.3. See the eServices page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide for more detailed information and a list of all supported databases.
- Support for ASCII folding on sortable fields—UCS 9.1.001.xx now uses ASCII folding on sortable fields. This means that where UCS 8.5 would have sorted the example below (or any sortable fields) like this:
- ...UCS 9.1 will now sort them like this:
- In this case E, é and É are replaced by e in the indexing mechanism.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
When UCS 9.1 is used with UCS 8.5 for managing Standard Response Library (SRL) entities, all SRL fields are now correctly reported as searchable in the GetIndexProperties response. (UCS-5491)
The Spring framework for this release has been upgraded to address some security vulnerabilities. (UCS-5473)
UCS and the Cassandra plugin now correctly support the per-Data-Center list of Elasticsearch hosts as described here. (UCS-5438)
When InteractionListGet and ContactListGet are used to pass an Elasticsearch request in the ESQuery parameter, UCS settings like scroll-limit are now applied correctly when this parameter contains a complex JSON parameter. Previously, a workaround was necessary to use the Elasticsearch parameters like "size": 100 to override the default limit, which is 10 results. (UCS-5147)
UCS now takes the presence of Cassandra replicas into account when calculating the number of available Cassandra nodes. This enables support of rack/AZ replication policies and means that losing a whole rack/AZ does not impact the serving of requests. Previously UCS would set its status to unavailable and close its ports as soon as more than one Cassandra node became unavailable. (UCS-5144)
The parameter DataSource which took values main or archive in UCS 8 and was previously ignored in UCS 9.1 now correctly rejects requests on the archive with an InvalidParameterValue error. The following methods that were affected by this limitation are now correctly processed:
Identification of contacts with identical email addresses but different phone numbers is now supported. Previously it would always return only one result at most. (UCS-5023)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.1.001.02.