Billing Data Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Social media reporting enhancements — The following enhancements are introduced:
- The metrics seats_twitter_public and seats_twitter_messenger are now merged into a single metric, seats_twitter, with RMS_SERVICE_CLASS 24. (CBILL-3131)
- The metrics seats_facebook_public and seats_facebook_messenger are now merged into a single metric, seats_facebook, with RMS_SERVICE_CLASS 22. (CBILL-3130)
- See the Billing Data Server User's Guide for more information.
- Chat reporting enhancements — The metric seats_chat_nexus is removed. Instead, Genesys Chat Seats for NEXUS now uses the metric seats_chat. The metric seats_chat is enhanced so that it now correctly measures chat agent seats in Nexus deployments. (CBILL-3129)
- Genesys Task Routing enhancements — The following enhancements are introduced:
- The metric configuration template was updated.
- The gtr_interactions metric is now calculated without test sessions dataset. See the Billing Data Server User's Guide for more information.
- Delivery package enhancements — BDS software is now distributed using two delivery packages—one containing the software image, and one for scripts and control files—where previous releases used only one package. For more information, see the Billing Data Server Deployment Guide. (CBILL-3665)
- Miscellaneous performance enhancements — The following enhancements are introduced:
- BDS now produces both concurrent and enabled reports on a daily basis, where the number of enabled seats is calculated as a running total since the first day of the month. Previously, BDS produced a file each day with the peak concurrent seats number, but produced a file only once a month to capture the number of unique seats during the month. (CBILL-3134)
- The query used in the sm_fact dataset is enhanced to improve performance. (CBILL-3147)
- In Nexus deployments where SMS interactions are handled by agents who are logged in to the chat media channel, BDS now uses a new field, SMS, in the sm_fact query, to calculate the seats_sms metric. (CBILL-3167)
This release contains the following resolved issues:
BDS now uses an absolute path (/vagrant/etc/crypto/key) to store crypto keys. Previously, a relative path to the crypto keys was defined in the gvas.py file, which could cause BDS to save keys to a folder other than /vagrant/etc/crypto/key, which caused default keys to be used to encrypt and decrypt passwords. (CBILL-3173)
A new parameter (TDS_Version=auto) in the connection string enables BDS to connect correctly to Microsoft SQL Server databases that use FreeTDS. Previously in such scenarios, BDS could fail when connecting to Microsoft SQL Server, producing a version mismatch error. (CBILL-3160)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.000.33.