E-mail Server 8.5.x Release Note
This Release Note applies to all 8.5.x releases of E-mail Server. Links in the Available Releases section enable you to access information regarding a specific release.
For information about 8.1.x releases of E-mail Server, see the 8.1 Release Note (Cumulative).
Available Releases[+] Note about release order
|Release||Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
|Release||Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||HP-UX PA||HP-UX IPF||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
The operating systems available for use with each component release are listed in the table at a high level only. For more detailed information about the supported operating environments, including requirements, supported versions, and any conditions or limitations, see the eServices page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide.
This section documents features that are no longer supported in this software. This cumulative list is in release-number order with the most recently discontinued features at the top of the list. For more information on discontinued support for operating environments and databases, see Discontinued Support in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide.
- AIX 6.1 operating system
Discontinued as of: 22.214.171.124
- Use of MS Exchange 2007 with EWS connections
- Java 6
Discontinued as of: 8.5.102.02
- Solaris/SPARC v9 operating system
Discontinued as of: 8.5.000.07
Link to Known Issues
The Known Issues and Recommendations section is a cumulative list for all 8.5.x releases of the product. It includes information on when individual items were found and, if applicable, corrected. The Corrections and Modifications section for each release may list additional issues that were corrected without first being documented as Known Issues.
You can find information about Known Issues and Recommendations that apply to some 8.5 releases of E-mail Server, including the issues that are specific to Localized (International) releases, at the following links:
For additional information about E-mail Server, see the following documentation:
- The following are accessible directly from the eServices product page on the Genesys Documentation website:
- eServices Deployment Guide describes deployment procedures for all eServices components. It also contains a high-level description of the eServices system, its architecture, and a list of new features in the current release.
- eServices Administrator's Guide presents recommendations for monitoring and adjusting your eServices configuration, plus detailed explanations of procedures to use for selected special purposes.
- eServices Reference Manual provides a reference listing of configuration options; see also the eServices Options Reference below.
- eServices Social Media Solution Guide describes deployment and use of the Genesys Social Messaging product.
- Configuration options for release 8.5.1 and later are described in the eServices Options Reference.
- The eServices page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide provides detailed information about the supported operating environments, including requirements, supported versions, and any conditions or limitations for eServices components.
Release Notes for other Genesys components are available here.