Create a New Search
When creating a search you can use filters to specify the types of interactions or events you want to view. When you run the search, SpeechMiner combs the database for interactions that match your filter selections. The search results are displayed in the Search Results grid.
When performing a search SpeechMiner continues searching for interactions that match your search criteria until one of the following occurs:
- All the interactions in the database are checked for matches with your search criteria.
- The processing limit (defined in the system's database configuration settings) is reached. For example, if the processing limit is 1000 the first 1000 interactions that match the search criteria are retrieved and the search ends.
- A search generated from the Trending chart tooltip produces results based on a given time period. The search process from the Trending chart searches for interactions that are relevant to the search request. The process does not search for an exact match.
- A search generated from Explore > Search produces results based on the Search Filter. This search process searches for interactions that are an exact match to the search request.
Once your search for specific interactions is complete, you can export interactions from the list or add interactions to an existing interactions list. See Batch Actions.
Create a new search
- Select Explore > Search. A list of interactions associated with the previous search appears.
- In the left corner of the screen (under the Media Player), select the type of interactions you want to search for.
- Click the Search Filters icon . For additional information, see Search Filter.
- Configure the filter options.
- Click one of the following:
- Search: Update the current search results according to the new filter configuration.
- Save As: Save the filter configuration as a Saved Search. You can run the saved search at a later time.
- Clear Filters: Clear the current filter configuration.
The search is run according to your selection.