The Category Distribution report is a graph or chart that shows the distribution of interactions by category for a specified domain. The distribution can be calculated by percentage of interactions or by percentage of resources (total duration of all interactions included in the analysis).
- Plot the proportion of interactions in specified categories to analyze business trends and customer issues.
- Compare the distribution of multiple categories (such as, interaction or cancellation reasons, product popularity, or competitor mentions), across your body of interactions.
- Utilize the comparative data obtained from the report to identify the optimal ways to target customer issues.
Customizing the Report
- Version - Available in Full Report (standard size), Mini, Wide, Columns, and Summary versions. Full Report, Mini, Wide are bar graphs that list the selected categories and showing their proportion in the data set.
- Columns - A chart that shows the average interaction duration for each category. These values are displayed above the total number of interactions in the category.
- Summary (Pie) - A pie chart indicating the proportion of interactions or resources in the entire data set that are associated with the selected categories. You can select to base the calculations on the number of interactions or on the total resources selected under Distributed By.
Items on Report:
- Distributed By - Select whether the distribution should be calculated based on percentage of interactions (the total number of interactions) or percentage of resources (the total duration of all interactions).
For all other parameters, see Report Parameters.
- In Full, Mini, Wide, or Columns versions, click a category or bar to open a list of interactions in the category.
- In the Full version, click Trend to drill down to the category's interaction distribution. If the distribution of the items in the report (see Items on Report above) is the percentage of interactions, the distribution of interactions is presented according to the percentage of interactions. If the distribution is the percentage of resources, the distribution of interactions is presented according to the average interaction duration.