Can I Customize Historical Reports?
The out-of-box historical reports are flexible enough for most business needs. However, Genesys Interactive Insights is highly customizable, and you can modify the reports (or create new ones) to meet your specific needs. This page discusses how to modify reports, as a starting-point to create your own reports.
For help to create custom reports, or in configuring existing reports, contact Genesys.
Tip for advanced users: Business Objects documentation discusses various aspects of reports, including the Building Queries documents, Performing On-Report Analysis with Web Intelligence, Using Functions, Formulas and Calculations in Web Intelligence, and Error Messages Explained.
Video: How do I customize historical reports in Genesys PureEngage Cloud?
This video describes how to customize historical reports in Genesys Interactive Insights.
Creating or editing reports
The easiest way to create a new report is to start with an existing one and edit it. Begin by browsing through the reports that are provided out-of-box, and select the one that most closely resembles what you'd like to create.
- Optionally, create a folder in which to save your reports. In the Document List, select the folder in which to add the new folder (My Favorites to create private reports that only you can see, or Public Folders to create shared reports), and click New > Folder.
- Next, open the report you want to modify, and click Document > Save As. Choose a folder in which to save the report (or a category, if configured in your environment) enter a Name for the report, click Advanced, then optionally enter a Description and Keywords or select from other options, before clicking OK.
- Click Edit. Editing requires java, so you must have an appropriate version of Java installed, and might be prompted to confirm a java security requester.
- You can now modify the report. Right-click different areas of the report to see what options are available, and drag-and-drop to add new data objects. For example, to add a new Engage Time column on the Main tab:
- On the Main tab, right click in an existing column, and choose Insert > Insert column to the right (or left, as you prefer.)
- From the Data list on the left, drag the Measure Engage Time to the new column heading. The report automatically updates.
- Once you have finished editing the report, click Save.