Deploying the Genesys Softphone
This topic describes how to install and configure the Genesys Softphone in your environment.
Ensure that your environment meets the prerequisites described in this section.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
To work with the Genesys Softphone, you must ensure that your system meets the software requirements established in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Manual, as well as meeting the following minimum software requirements:
- Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 (32 bits version) — The Genesys Installation Package installs this redistributable package on the workstation where it is executed.
- Windows Media Player for ringtone playback.
- .NET Framework 4.0 or higher: This is used at installation time only when the Administrator installs Genesys Softphone with HTTPS connector based on a self-signed certificate.
Installing the Genesys Softphone
To install the Genesys Softphone follow these steps:
- Double-click the setup.exe file that is located in the <Genesys Softphone Install Directory>\windows\ directory. The Genesys Installation Wizard displays the Welcome to the Installation window.
- Click Next. The Choose Destination Location window is displayed.
- Click Next to accept the default destination folder, or click Browse to select another destination location. The Startup and Secure Connection options window is displayed.
- You may choose one or more of the following options, then click Next:
- Auto Startup—Choose this option to specify that Genesys Softphone launches when Windows starts up. Selecting this option means that agents do not have to manually launch Genesys Softphone before they launch Agent Desktop.
Enable Dynamic Configuration Connector—Choose this option to allow Agent Desktop to dynamically configure the Genesys Softphone when it is launched.
If you choose the Enable Dynamic Configuration Connector option, the Dynamic Configuration Connector parameters window is displayed.
- Specify the Connector Port for the Genesys Softphone. This port must be compliant with the value specified by the sipendpoint.uri option.
- You can enable HTTPS secure connections. If you choose a secure connection, you must choose the type of security certificate that you use:
ImportantTo properly install the self-signed certificate, .NET Framework 4.0 or higher is mandatory.
- Self-signed Certificate — In this mode, the IP creates a self-signed certificate, installs it in the Personal Certificate section of the workstation where setup.exe is executed and also installs it as a root certificate authority at Machine level in the workstation where setup.exe is executed.
- Certificate Authorities from the Windows Certificate Store
- In the Ready to Install window, select Install. The wizard installs the Genesys Softphone and all associated files in the selected directory and displays the Installation Status window. The installation might take several minutes.
- At the Installation Complete window, select Finish.
Installing the Genesys Softphone in silent mode
To install the Genesys Softphone in silent mode, use the Installation Wizard silent arguments as follows:
- Update the genesys_silent.ini file by making the following modifications:
- Add the path to the Genesys Softphone installation directory—for example, InstallPath=C:\GCTI\Genesys Softphone.
- Specify whether Genesys Softphone starts automatically when Windows starts up by using the Startup=<Std or Auto> parameter.
- Specify whether Agent Desktop can dynamically modify the Genesys Softphone configuration by using the Connector=<Disable or Enable> parameter.
- If you are deploying Softphone for Agent Desktop dynamic configuration:
- Specify the Connector Port if the Connector is enabled by using the ConnectorPort=<port number> parameter.
- Specify whether the connector uses HTTPS secure connection by using the HTTPS=<NotUsed or Used> parameter.
- If you are using a secure connection, specify the type of certificate to be used by using the CertificateType=<SelfSigned or WindowsStore> parameter.
- If you assign the value WindowsStore to the CertificateType option, specify the certificate thumbprint by using the CertThumbPrint=<certificate thumbprint> parameter.
- If you are upgrading Genesys Softphone specify:
- IPVersion= <current version of Genesys Softphone on this box (before upgrade)>
- IPBuildNumber= <current build number of Genesys Softphone on this box (before upgrade)>
- Execute the following command:
setup.exe /s /z"-s 'FullPathToGenesysSilentConfigurationFile' -sl 'FullPathToGenesysSilentResultFile'" where:
- /s—Specifies that the installation is running in InstallShield Silent Mode.
- /z—Passes the Genesys Silent Mode silent parameters to the installation.
- -s—Specifies the full path to the silent configuration file. The <Full path to Genesys Silent Configuration file> is optional. If the <Full path to Genesys Silent Configuration file> parameter is not specified, the installation uses the genesys_silent.ini file in the same directory where the setup.exe is located.
ImportantEnclose the value of the <Full path to Genesys Silent Configuration file> parameter by apostrophes (') if the parameter contains white symbols.
- -sl—Specifies the full path to the installation results file. If the <Full path to Genesys Installation Result file> parameter is not specified, the installation creates the genesys_install_result.log file in the <System TEMP folder> directory.
ImportantEnclose the value of the <Full path to Genesys Installation Result file> parameter by apostrophes (') if the parameter contains white symbols.
The InstallShield setup.exe installation starter requires that:
- there is no space between the /z argument and quotation mark. For example, /z"-s" is valid, while /z "-s" is not valid.
- there is a space between the -s,-sl parameters and quotation mark. For example, /z"-s c:\temp\genesys_silent.ini" is valid, while /z "-sc:\temp\genesys_silent.ini" is not valid.
setup.exe /s /z"-s 'C:\8.5.000.05\windows\b1\ip\genesys_silent.ini' -sl 'C:\GSP\silent_setup.log'".
- After executing this command, verify that the Genesys Softphone is installed in the C:\<Genesys Softphone Installation Directory>, and that the silent_setup.log file created in the C:\GSP\ directory.
Configuring the Genesys Softphone
The Genesys Softphone installation includes a configuration file (<Genesys Softphone Installation Directory>/Softphone.config) with configuration settings that are applied to the Softphone when it starts.
The configuration file is organized into containers. Each container is divided into domains that are broken into sections that hold the settings for a group of parameters. The following configuration file examples illustrate these settings:
For the description and valid values of each parameter, see Configuration Options Reference.
The Basic container sets the Genesys Softphone user's DNs and the protocol used.
The Genesys container sets the policy, endpoint, session, device, connector, codecs, proxy, mailbox, system and security parameters.