Agent Logins are unique codes defined within a Switch and assigned to agents. They identify which Agent is working at which Place during a particular working session.
The configuration of Agent Logins in the Configuration Database must match exactly the configuration of those Agent Logins in the switching system. Before adding or deleting a particular Agent Login, make sure that the same change was made in the database of the switching system.
When you specify Agent Logins as objects in a Switch, they are not associated with any particular agents. For information about how to assign Agent Logins to Agents, refer to Assigning Agent Logins to Agents.
Agent Logins Overview
The Agent Logins list shows the Agent Logins that are in your environment.
- The Switches list displays when you select Agent Logins in Configuration Manager. To access the Agent Logins list, you must first select a Switch object and then an Agent Logins folder.
- Agent Logins that are disabled appear grayed out in the list.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new Agent Login object, click New. To view or edit details of an existing object, click the name of the object, or click the check box beside an object and click Edit.
To delete one or more objects, click the check box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete.
Otherwise, select the check box beside one or more objects and click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy an Agent Login.
- Move To—Move an Agent Login to another folder.
- Enable or disable Agent Logins
- Create a folder.
Click the name of an Agent Login to view additional information about the object.
Creating Agent Login Objects
To create an Agent Login object, perform the following actions:
- In the header, click Configuration.
- Under the Switching heading, click Agent Logins.
- The Switches list displays.
- Click the Switch object in which you wish to create an Agent Login.
- Click the Agent Logins folder in which you wish to create an Agent Login.
- Click New.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click Browse to select a value from a list:
- Code—The Agent Login code. You must specify a value for this property, and that value must be unique within the Switch. Once you set the value, you cannot change it.
- Switch—The Switch to which this Agent Login belongs. This value is automatically set, based on the Switch being viewed in the Agent Logins list.
- Switch-specific Type—N/A
- Confirm Password—N/A
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.