Automatic Call Distributor
Also known as an ACD. A system that performs four basic functions: answering incoming calls, obtaining information and instructions from a database, determining the best way to handle the call, and sending the call to the proper agent as soon as one is available. In its software version, also known as Automatic Call Distribution.
How Do I Customize Agent States?
Agent states display the type of activity that agents either are currently performing or have been performing. A custom agent status (or reason code) is information that an agent enters into the system to update their status:
- When agents are in the After Call Work status, they are performing administrative duties for a previous call and cannot receive further calls from the ACD queue. The After Call Work reason code is used when an agent is in wrap-up time after a caller has hung up.
- When agents are in the Not Ready status, they are not available to handle calls that are distributed by the ACD. The Not Ready ready code is used when an agent is not available to take a call. For example: Not Ready – Lunch.
Click Desktop > Custom Agent States to open the Custom Agent States view to better manage these reason codes.
How do I add reason codes?
You add reason codes by clicking into either the After Call Work or Not Ready fields (depending on the type of reason code you're adding) and typing the name of the new reason code:
Click Add to include this new custom agent status to the list of reason codes. A Successfully Created Agent State message appears in the bottom right-hand corner when the new contact is created.
- If you add a new reason code to VCC Dashboard while an agent is logged in, then that reason code doesn't appear in the drop-down lists in VCC Agent Desktop for agents to select during an outbound, transfer, or consultation call until the agent logs out and then logs in again.
- Reason code names can only contain spaces, letters, digits, and the following characters:
- Commas (',') in reason code names are not supported.
How do I edit reason codes?
You can edit reason codes by clicking the reason code that you wish to edit and typing the new information:
Press Enter to update the reason code.
How do I hide generic reason codes?
You can hide generic reason codes from the Agent Status Menu in Agent Desktop so they are not visible to agents and supervisors. For example, you might want to hide the generic After Call Work or Not Ready reason codes because you have created more specific codes and you want to ensure agents use the custom codes.
To hide generic reason codes, ensure the Display generic After Call Work state and Display generic Not Ready state boxes are not checked, as shown below:
The graphic below shows a list in Agent Desktop that has agent states with generic reason codes. In this example, the Display generic Not Ready state check box in VCC Dashboard was checked.
The graphic below shows the list in Agent Desktop without generic reason codes. In this example, the Display generic Not Ready state check box in VCC Dashboard was not checked.
- These changes do not take effect in Agent Desktop until users refresh their browser or log off and log in again.
- This setting does not affect the status lists in the My Channels tab in Agent Desktop.
- This setting has no effect in the following scenarios:
- After agents log in, they are immediately assigned a generic Not Ready code. Agents should change their status to Ready or a specific Not Ready code to describe their current state.
- If configured in CX Builder, agents might be assigned a generic Not Ready code if they miss a call.
- Supervisors can still use VCC Dashboard to assign agents to a generic Not Ready code. These settings only hide generic Not Ready codes in Agent Desktop.
How do I delete reason codes?
- Click Delete to remove the contact.
- Click Don't Delete to return to the Custom Agent States page.
A Successfully Deleted Agent State(s) message appears in the lower right-hand corned when the reason code is removed.
- If you delete a custom agent status, it still shows up in the VCC Agent Desktop drop-down lists until the agent logs out and then logs back in again.
- When deleting a custom agent status, the system might not respond after you click Delete to confirm the deletion of the custom agent status.
- If this happens, refresh the browser window.
- If refreshing the browser session does not work, then you must log out and log back in again.
How do I search for reason codes?
Use the search tool to find a specific reason code by typing the name of a reason code into the Quick Filter field:
Press Enter to start the search or click X to clear the search field.