Getting started with PEC
Since Genesys has provisioned most of your contact center resources for you in the Cloud, all you need to do at the most basic level is:
- create your Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) using CX Builder.
- create your ACD Administrator (First User) account using CX Builder.
- create your agents and other users using VCC Dashboard.
- have agents log in to Agent Desktop.
Creating an Account
Your account team creates your user account and you will receive your account credentials in near real-time. Once your account is created, you can then log in and start creating both your own IVR and ACD using CX Builder. Refer to the Getting Started topic in the CX Builder help for more general information about CX Builder. You can also refer to the CX Builder Quick Start Guide.
Creating an ACD and IVR
Use your subscriber account (the account provided to log into the IVR) to create your own IVR and ACD with CX Builder. A contact center can have many IVR sites, but only one ACD, which means that the ACD user accounts that are created using VCC Dashboard are available for all ACD Pages in CX Builder:
- Refer to the ACD Page topic in the CX Builder help for more information about the ACD Page.
- Refer to the What are Voice Sites? and Creating a Voice Site topics in the CX Builder help for more information on setting up your IVR.
Creating an ACD Administrator Account
After you create a voice site in CX Builder and assign a phone number to it, you must create the first ACD administrator. Until the first ACD administrator user is created, no one can log into the ACD to create other users or to configure the ACD for assisted service calls. Once the ACD administrator (System Administrator/First User) account is created, your user credentials are automatically delivered to you via email. You need to complete the user validation and account creation by following the instructions provided in this email.
What is an ACD Administrator?
The ACD administrator is the role that creates all other users for the ACD, as well as configures the PEC assisted service system (ACD). The ACD administrator is also known as the System Administrator/First User.
Where Do I Create This Account?
The ACD administrator (System Administrator/First User) account must be created on the ACD Page in CX Builder to ensure that there is a system administrator who can log into VCC Dashboard.
How Do I Access the ACD Page and Create an ACD Administrator Account?
Read the Getting Started page in the CX Builder Help.
Creating and Managing ACD User Accounts
You use VCC Dashboard to create ACD user accounts (in other words, all other users – agents, supervisors, and administrators). Read the How do I add new users? topic in the VCC Dashboard Help for more information.
You also use VCC Dashboard to manage user roles, assign skills, and assign a skill proficiency to ACD user accounts. Read the VCC Dashboard Help for more information.
The following user roles are available:
- Agent — Handles calls and addresses customer issues. Agents only have access to the Agent Desktop and are restricted from using the IVR and VCC Dashboard.
- Supervisor — Manages contact center agents. Supervisors only have access to:
- Administrator — Creates users and manages contact center activities. Administrators only have access to:
You can combine user roles for those who need them.
To reset the ACD administrator password, use CX Builder. Read the Getting Started page in the CX Builder Help for more information.
To reset supervisor and agent passwords, use VCC Dashboard. Read the How do I reset passwords? page in the VCC Dashboard Help for more information.
Logging In to Agent Desktop
Agents log in to Agent Desktop to handle calls. Read the Agent Desktop Help for more information.